Aaaaargh!!!

CountryGent

Reaction score
Whilst my A4 certainly wasn't pristine, he was very good for his age!

So my lovely lady takes my car to pick up one of my daughters and picks up a scratch..doesn't know where it happened!!

Best options to restore it back to it's former glory?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0390.JPG
    IMG_0390.JPG
    827 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    720.7 KB · Views: 331
Either respray or touch up, flatten etc and build it up to a reasonable finish.

Reactions: CountryGent
Judging by the scratch I'd say she knows exactly where it happened and it was on a curb while she was parking! (ask how I know :frown:).

Reactions: CountryGent and maxdrz400
just off topic chap, looks like a previous owner didn't like the silver roof rails and either had them painted black or changed to black rails......also a big improvement is to do the clear corner mod and bin those amber indicator bulbs, the clear bulb mod really does freshen up the front end.....just my input.
my old bus with the silver rails and factory clear corner.
Sed5

Reactions: CountryGent
just off topic chap, looks like a previous owner didn't like the silver roof rails and either had them painted black or changed to black rails......also a big improvement is to do the clear corner mod and bin those amber indicator bulbs, the clear bulb mod really does freshen up the front end.....just my input.
Your changing this from scratch correction to pimp my ride haha.

My front end actually looks almost the same yours but I also have the silver bit inside the headlight ripped out and no splitter (should have really sprayed the silver bit black but I broke it and couldn't be bothered messing about, looks a ton better now though).

My Ex Mrs came home one day saying that the steering wheel had started to wobble on her car whilst she was driving it......the front wheel had developed a massive flat spot on the inside edge all on its own as she hadn't done it.

They are unbelievable some of them.....even the new Mrs is just as bad. Came come with a 3" crease in the top of the rear quarter panel on her car and swears blind it wasn't her and it was already like that.

All you get is.....

Reactions: CountryGent and Dani_B19
my old bus with the silver rails and factory clear corner.
View attachment 132707

Hmmm very nice...I do like the clear corner mod look, black grill and also those wheels :hubbahubba:! What are the wheels? A little mod'ing will commence after getting the engine bits sorted, a wise man called Rob I seem to recall :laughing: spoke wise words unto me

If I had a penny every time my wife came home and said "there's something wrong with the car and I don't know how it happened"

So far
Chunk taken out of the bumper in a 2 week old A3 8V

Rear bumper ripped off and driven home with it dragging behind (Vectra V6)

Burst tyre and buckled wheel ( Golf GTi PD 150)

Just to name a few. And who has to fix them, me.

Suffice to say the DTM stays firmly under my watchful eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CountryGent, Charlie Farley and carlcall
Glad my other half has her own Audi A1 and mine is "too big", car's pretty big too haha.

Reactions: maxdrz400