AA renewal

martin1984

Reaction score
So had it through today with a price jump of just under a tenner which is a lot in my opinion so a 5min call and back down to same price I've been paying for the last year Why put it up to start with just wasted my time.

because they can.
I normally check online the cost and also the RAC and if they are cheaper ask them to match it , they didn't last year and I am now with RAC .
Its all a rip off as they give new customers more discount than returning ones .

Funny enough I got caught by the rac this morning and I've moved to them £2 cheaper and and extra £250 part and labour cover so now cover for £750 part and labour lol

My renewal came through at over a £100 more!!

Called them up and they dropped it back down to the same price as last year, happy with that but as already mentioned, why do it!!

My renewal came through at over a £100 more!!

Called them up and they dropped it back down to the same price as last year, happy with that but as already mentioned, why do it!!

I really do need to do what should be done and phone the AA up at renewal time as I can't see that me paying a huge special price is making me feel very special or huge!!!

Typically like insurance companies they hope you just say okay,RAC bumped theirs up 25 quid so I cancelled as the Mrs has cover from her credit card and that covers all our cars.
I wouldn't touch the AA after they made me wait four hours and even then didn't turn up as they subbed it out,everytime they try and sell it to me at the shops I say "I had to wait four hours for you's so no"

I had always been an RAC member and when I got a second car, it suited me as the cover was for me and my wife, maybe a bit cheeky but it always worked okay as I didn't plan to have lots of breakdowns! When I bought a VX Cav GSI 4x4, I joined the Vauxhall Performance Club and that allowed me discounted parts, direct out of warranty to VX for technical issues and discount on my RAC membership, so "they" became my provider of RAC membership! Unfortunately, when I parted with my beloved GSI 4X4 and bought a new VW Passat 4Motion, I attempted to keep using that club as my source of RAC membership - but they could not do that, so I talked to RAC but they could not renew my membership while I was just within that club membership! RAC said, on the correct day and not before that phone them and they would take me on as before, unfortunately I would be in the middle of France and didn't fancy needing to do that then, so I jumped ship to AA. So far so good, they sub'd me once to a breakdown garage who just sent a recovery truck out - that was annoying, but the driver eventually contacted an AA patrol who he knew could sort out my problem! A few years later, unfortunately while driving to my sisters funeral, my old Passat broke a front spring - after all the funeral stuff was over (400+miles from home), I contact the AA and they sent out a patrol, ex-services guy, who said he was part of a pilot scheme to sort things out on the spot! He found a spring, took me to buy it, and then fitted it - so that worked out very well! That does not mean that I have any loyality to the AA - unless their price is right!