A7 Newbie

Rab.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Good afternoon, Am New to the A7 Forum, But been on Audi-Sport awhile having Owned a A6 C7 3.0 Tdi , Rs5 , A4 Avant V6t & a A4 Avant 2.0Tdi 177 Black Edition.. 2 weeks ago I sold My A6 and Bought a Jan 2014 A7 Bitdi Sline Black Edition in Metallic Gazier White... :) Then got a Job out to Tenerife (Am a Truck
Screenshot 20161023 170431
Screenshot 20161023 170516
Driver , So it's a 3week round trip Min) , So My New Car is Still waiting to be Picked up... and at the moment this is the only 2 pics I have from when I Test drove it... Look Forward to Using the Forum in the Future ..

Reactions: Jake 61 and Raiden
Welcome to the A7 family. It's usually pretty quiet in here, so keep an eye on the A6 guys, as the platforms are virtually identical :racer:

Reactions: Rab.
Welcome to the A7 family. It's usually pretty quiet in here, so keep an eye on the A6 guys, as the platforms are virtually identical :racer:

Cheers,
Yea Had a Read through some of the Posts, Sometimes Pop back in to the Rs5 Forum ect Just for a Nosie... ...

Reactions: RAF_S7
Very nice car. Enjoy.

Nice looking car, biTDi's are a true sleeper so hope you enjoy your first drive out when you get back

RAF, your avatar looks familiar, are you also on Audizine in the 4G section?

Nice looking car, biTDi's are a true sleeper so hope you enjoy your first drive out when you get back
Cheers, Looking forward to a weekend off and get it polished for some decent pics. And a Good shake down run up to Fort William and back to Aberdeen to make sure all is good with it, its only 16k on the clock and a Female owned it Last 13mth so cant see there being a problem.. Sure ave made the correct Choice as a Rs4 Avant was my other Choice :) ...

Cheers, Looking forward to a weekend off and get it polished for some decent pics. And a Good shake down run up to Fort William and back to Aberdeen to make sure all is good with it, its only 16k on the clock and a Female owned it Last 13mth so cant see there being a problem.. Sure ave made the correct Choice as a Rs4 Avant was my other Choice :) ...

B8 RS4 is unfortunately too torque light for me and have already been there with the best of the 4's, the B7, you made the right choice.

B8 RS4 is unfortunately too torque light for me and have already been there with the best of the 4's, the B7, you made the right choice.
Had a Rs5 for 18mth Loved it and had my A6 C7 3.0tdi loved it also for 13mth so went for a Mix of Both, Performance and economy in 1 car :)

Reactions: P_G
Wow, you're not kidding it's quiet on here. But then not a surprise, driven just short of 270 miles to London and not seen one A7, let alone an S/RS variant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RAF_S7
Some Pics oh My New Motor, Not the Weather For Wax and Tyre Dressing, So Being a Quattro , Its Snow Weather ...
DSC 4136
DSC 4138
DSC 4143
DSC 4146
DSC 4152
DSC 4154
DSC 4158

Reactions: AUDI_ADDICT, bluemoona3246, Jake 61 and 2 others
Cheers, Not Wax & Tyre Dressing Weather , But Next Best thing with a BiTdi Quattro :)

Yea, About an Hour From My House , The Road was Closed (Snow Gates) not long after this Due to the Front & Rear Wheel Drive cars getting Stuck after Stopping, The Quattro thought it was just a Cold Day ;) ..

Reactions: RAF_S7, Jake 61 and Scottyg
Cracking A7. Very nice pics. Cold down in the central belt but nae snow. Didn't have a lot last year so not holding out much hope.
IMG 1031

Cracking A7. Very nice pics. Cold down in the central belt but nae snow. Didn't have a lot last year so not holding out much hope.
View attachment 109438
Thanks, This is About Normal for up Here, But every year its getting Later and later...Forecast is Cold weather & Snow all week on the High Ground.. We had Some Light Flurry's Around Aberdeen Yesterday , But Ground is still to warm to Last, Need a Few weeks of Hard Frost..

Reactions: Scottyg
Excellent pics, how far out of town did you have to go to get them?

Are you running winters as well, if so what did you opt for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the snow, but we very rarely get enough to make a snowman. Last big dump was 2010. You never know, maybe this will be the year. Snowmagedon!!!

I love the snow, but we very rarely get enough to make a snowman. Last big dump was 2010. You never know, maybe this will be the year. Snowmagedon!!!
Wasn't Expecting this Today when I left the House, But it is Normal from Mid October to Have Snow on the High Grounds, This Is the Lecht Ski Center ,So they will welcome it, And it will bring the Ground Temp down for further Snow.

Thanks, Just An Hour, This is about 2 miles from the Lecht Ski Centre , And am In Aberdeen.

That's a bit of a cheat going to the Cairngorms, I was thinking you maybe went to Bennachie!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice car, sounds like your happy with your bitdi :D how does it compare to the RS5?

Also you on winter tyres i'm assuming?

Wasn't Expecting this Today when I left the House, But it is Normal from Mid October to Have Snow on the High Grounds, This Is the Lecht Ski Center ,So they will welcome it, And it will bring the Ground Temp down for further Snow.

I was in Aberdeen mid October, due to do a run to Inverness on the 3rd December. We're usually up that way in March when the weather is good, it'll be an interesting drive up if it's snowy :D

Very nice car, sounds like your happy with your bitdi :D how does it compare to the RS5?

Also you on winter tyres i'm assuming?
The Rs was Faster but I'd not say by Much and the Rs Had Dynamic Suspension and Adjustable Diff which all help, But with a Remap and a straight road I don't think there'd be anything in it...

No snow Tyres Just 30 plus years of Driving and Common sense and used the Roads 100s oh times which help.

I really really really want the adaptive air suspension (AAS) which is so rare to find spec'd on the second hand market which is so annoying, is that the same as the dynamic suspension on the RS5?

I know the AAS adapts to highten the car for comfort and lowers the car for dynamic driving when ever you want it (which is why I'm so shocked people would buy a 60k car and not spend just 2k more for this gem, it would be my first option over anything else).

No totally Different Set ups .. On the Rs it changes the Damping and Stiffness but due to using Springs the Height stays the Same... The 4 Dampers are interlinked and the Oil is Maggneticly Charged to change the Damping from Comfort to Hard to Dynamic..

I really really really want the adaptive air suspension (AAS) which is so rare to find spec'd on the second hand market which is so annoying, is that the same as the dynamic suspension on the RS5?

I know the AAS adapts to highten the car for comfort and lowers the car for dynamic driving when ever you want it (which is why I'm so shocked people would buy a 60k car and not spend just 2k more for this gem, it would be my first option over anything else).[/QUOTE
No totally Different Set ups .. On the Rs it changes the Damping and Stiffness but due to using Springs the Height stays the Same... The 4 Dampers are interlinked and the Oil is Maggneticly Charged to change the Damping from Comfort to Hard to Dynamic..