A6avant engine bay clean

And82

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve been trying to get many years worth of dirt and foliage out of my engine bay. There are two gutter type compartments near where the bonnet hinges are. I can’t quite get my hand in to get it properly clean. I’m nervous about pressure washing it as it will explode the dirt everywhere. Has anyone cracked this before or been bothered to clean these bits?

Thanks.
Upload 2018 12 18 21 2 13

Reactions: KrisKrk
As clean as your engine bay looks like, I would be incline to know about these two spots also.
Dead leaves, dirt and sticks are always gathering there.

I was picking bigger bits by had from there, as much as I could and found a plastic OEM car key to my car. Own the car for more than 2 years and picked it out just recently. Shocked!

On the subject note, I am afraid to pressure wash engine bay generally but would love to do that.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: And82
I got my hose in there in the end (). Just washed it out with fairly low water pressure. I’m not mechanical enough to remove all the components to get at it but it’s flished away somewhere. lol.

Hi,
Looks great !
Just curious about the method you used to clean the engine bay?

Hi Tom,

Because there is so much plastic covering everything new engine bays are so much easier to clean. I covered some exposed metal points with plastic as I wasn’t sure if they could get wet. I spray the engine bay with my hose on mist type setting then adjitated the dirt with my wheel brushes with some Autoglym wheel cleaner. I tried to avoid the bonnet catch thought as it’s well greased. Final rinse then dried with some old towels as I don’t have a blower or compressed air. Then finished with Autoglym plastic and rubber dressing. I’m looking to get a new pressure washer and you can use snow foam in the engine bay. It loves it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips. Much obliged :)
No worries post a photo of you bother. Watch out the Audi badge on the block is really brittle and easily broken. Looked on eBay and they are about £25. Rip off.

Reactions: Thomas Nevin