A6 Steering

andicole0

Reaction score
More questions :confused:, I find the power steering very light is there anyway to adjust this?

Andi.

Check your tyre pressures. Steering will be lighter at slower speeds but heavier at higher speeds.

Reactions: Aly
I too have found the power steering far too light. I'm slowly getting used to it after 8 weeks. i have an 08, pre-facelifted Audi 3.0tdi le mans. The face lifted version had a thicker steering wheel. There's a thicker steering wheel that ive seen on ebay (german company), they use the standard OE steering wheel, but remould it (flat bottomed) and make the steering a lot thicker. Its the only compensation / adjustment I'm going to get with regards to the very light steering.

I found mine very light too and the tyre pressures were fine :(

It does take some getting used to... When I drive my wife's little Yaris I now feel I'm getting a workout lol... But as Chris stated the faster you go the heavier it gets!

after driving my mums fiat Fiorino van with no power steering at all, any power steering feels light I can tell you,
but yeah I did notice a difference between my a6 and both my old a4 and the a4 cab,

You could remove the servotronic relay, you will still have power steering but not the low speed assist. I had a faulty relay so drove my A4 without one for a few weeks, it felt heavy to start with but I got used to it pretty quickly and quite liked it.

Once the new relay was fitted it felt too light, thinking of maybe pulling it again and getting a few quid back on ebay.

Another option may be to try a different relay, I think they are interchangeable between models and have different characteristics.