A6 Steering wheel change?

joeyfantastic

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2005 Allroad. Not sure why, but mine doesn't have any steering wheel volume controls, just a plan steering wheel. I am installing an Alpine aftermarket double din satnav head unit and wondered if, while doing that, I could hook up and fit a new steering wheel with the volume controls on it?
has anyone ever tried this?
Thanks

Did any of the c5's come with steering wheel controls? The plus and minus on mine are for the gearbox, not sure where the buttons for stereo would go. I may be wrong though. Google...... Where art thou?

I honestly don't know. I just know mine has NO buttons on steering wheel for anything at all. Wish it did!

Reactions: Hairless wonder
Yes it was an option for steering wheel controls on the C5.

You will need a new wheel the airbag, and slip ring to start then retro fit that, there may well be another brain so that it works as per factory then if you new head unit will accept it get a convertor plug it in and you should be away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, didn't quite follow that really. I would assume there is another brain to control the steering wheel, and since it wasn't fitted with a wheel with buttons I probably don't have the brain?