A6 Saloon - advice on which options are best to get.

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am now looking at an A6 Saloon, and will either plump for a brand new car or be sensible and stick to my budget of £30k.

I was looking at the S Line model, and noticed a lot of cars for sale with the Black edition. In your opinion which options would be best to get.

I have no kids or pets to worry about, like a bit of luxury and a smooth quiet ride, but I also love having a bit of poke.

Cheers,

Mark

I have no options, standard black edition, don't feel like I'm missing anything

Reactions: StateOfPlay
Having had one and just ordered my second new one I don't think I could go back to the monochrome DIS having had the 7" colour DIS
So Tech Pack is a must for me.

Heated seats are often overlooked but with leather they are a true god send in the cold weather.
I like the light pack which enables you to light your car and surrounding area up like a Christmas tree when opening and locking the car. Really handy to find your car at night in a car park or lighting the front of your house while you struggle with keys. Not essential but I felt it was worth paying for.

As for engine I've been pleased and impressed by what my standard 2ltr manual 170ps drives like. Best car I've ever had.
Got 3ltr Quattro auto coming which I know will blow my socks off.

Standard spec for A6 BE has been increased since I bought mine in 2013. Think you get the heated seats, 4 zone climate control and front drivers memory seat as standard.

Reactions: Jakes2514 and StateOfPlay
Mine does have a lot as standard in black edition spec, most extras add little to the overall driving experience for me, I just wanted Bose like my C6 and the rs6 style twin spoke wheels - I miss having 270bhp and Quattro but not having that is saving me a fortune in my daily commute

You should easily get into a new 2.0 TDI Black edition with your £30k budget. Possibly even with Quattro.

You should also be able to pick up a year old 3.0 TDI for that money too

Depends whether you really want to go to a 3.0 or not

I personally looked for a Black Edition... Rear tints and Bose are standard! Black optics helps imho with the stealthy look...

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Black edition, tech pack in all you ever need.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jakes2514 and StateOfPlay
Tech Pack - to get the colour screen in the binnacle and the better MMI screen.
ACC - just brilliant on motorways and in traffic.
HUD - I couldn't have a daily car without one now.
BiTDI - brilliant engine, better gearbox (same as RS6 I believe) and bigger brakes. Also holds value better.

Wouldn't bother balck edition or S-Line - has all the same important bits.

Try an A7 as these usually came higher spec and the HUD came with one of the Tech Packs, whereas it's another tick on the A6. Also comes standard with auto boot close button, although actually slower than A6 equivalent.