A6/ RS6 alloys!

evomaster3000

Reaction score
I take it this is the rs6, wot size are the alloys, they look like 19's to me.
Also was lookin at puttin some rs4 18' alloys on an a6, ne 1 got ne pics of this as i think it wud look mint!

i have rs4 18" s on my a6, they looked great when i got them a year and a half ago, even now look ok, but after seeing Glens TT's 19's i'd have to say go for 19's! and rs6's look great on the a6 platform

I have put rs6 alloys on my A6 quattro 98 model ,they are 18"x8"they look great.I have 225/40 tyres on .sorry no pics.good luck.

The only damage I have experienced with my 18's was parking up. I have Servotonic Power Steering and the 'down-side' is having no feeling/resistance whatsoever through the steering wheel at low speed.

I 'chewed' a wheel and tyre side-wall without knowing it.

[ QUOTE ]
evomaster3000 said:
Wow, thanks, for the replies, and i thought this forum was ded!
Is that passat lowered?, Also wanted to know how 18's look on an a6 with std suspension to see how high it wud sit.

Pics, much appreceated, cheers guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the Passat is lowered 30mm all round.

Here's a pic with 19" Teckno Instincts:-
1525100y.jpg

Right now i have the car and some money! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'm looking at putting some new wheels on my A6 TDi, it's a ming blue metalic (turquoise) i think and am stuck between 2 styles!

I have decided on 18's with 225/40's but don't know whether to get RS4's or RS6's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

83_1.JPG

or

33_1_b.JPG

They both look very nice in thier own way, i like the 9 spokes on the rs4's but i also think that the inward angle on the rs6's suits the arches and looks good when on the move and sat still!

Do all the rs4 wheels (ie replica ones) have the slight bend inwards towards the centre caps?

I know some have a bigger bend but they are the genuine ones and are different to normal rs4 rims.

Also the rs6 reps are not multi drilled.

DSCF1754.JPG

rs6_11.jpg

Hmmm descisions, decisions!

Hi evo

like you I am going with 18" wheels as oppose to 19" on my A6, I myself prefer the RS6 look alikes, but all depends on what kind of look you are after !!!!

Have fun
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I agree with Soupie IMO the RS6's look better mate....just that little bit more sportier! Ultimately its down to taste though...both lovely rims but the RS6's just did it for me! Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah saw them in the flesh the other night on an A4 in Chletenham and did look good. looked smaller than 18's tho, but sure they were.

Probabily go for those as i think they look better on an A6 and thats the general opinion as well.

Cheers, guys, any pics??

Not of the A6 sorry but my pics got mine on the A4.

Had the same decision myself for the A4 and obviously went for the Rs6.

Sure whatever you chooseit'll look good.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif