A6 Retro-fit Front Arm rest

jackiechan

Reaction score
I'm thinking buying the retro-fit armrest kit from vagparts.com. Anyone had experience in fitting this?

Mines a sport so I assume it has more spec than an SE. Then again being Audi its probably a factory fit option thats not even standard on any spec.

Its annoying not having an armrest, especially that mines a multitronic..

SE had armrest as standard - sport didn't - sport didn't have higher spec - just different - typical audi - like giving se a4 cruise but making you pay for it on sport - mundeo and vectra have it as standard!

I tried to get on eof these from VAG and they quoted me £180 + VAT for the buffalo leather type.

The missus said no.

Cheers

Tom

Digging this one up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am buying a sport model A6 avant and nope, it doesnt have an armrest..

Dealer quoted 350 fitted! ahem, no.
VAGparts have em for about 170, cloth....

Anyone have any experiences in fitting them? Its most definately a part which requires a steady, sturdy fitment (doing it right!).

I have an SE and generally find the arm rest a hinderance when town driving. The missus hates it and finds it gets in the way so it spends most of its time in the up position. On long motorway stuff I like it. Depending on your driving if its around town i manual then save your money. If you do long journeys on motorways hey what the hell its only money. at least you got the choice eithe rup or down. on Beemers you dont get the choice.

Good luck

Max

I have retro fitted 2, in a couple of my audi's
Its really easy.
Bought the armrest second hand making sure I got all the nuts etc.

Then to fit, it bolts straight in, the only thing I had to do was cut a hole in the centre console for the armrest to go through, but this was only because I did not have the cut out piece given to me when I bought the armrest.

Paid about £50 for the armrest from a scrap yard.

Any pics of the hole that needs to be cut?