A6 Number Plate Lights

AudiA6LeMans

Hello people,

So on my Audi A6 2010 Saloon one of my number plate light bulb is blown. So I decided to change both number plate light bulbs and went to buy LED bulbs from Amazon. So they finally arrived today and I fitted them on but they do not light and I get the warning light on the dashboard.

Have I fitted it wrong? Has a fuse blown? Or are they not compatible with my car?

Link: Ring Automotive RW2396LED 12V C5W 6000K Ring Ice White Led (239)

Any help and suggestions are really appreciated.

Thank You.

Roadrunner146

I replaced mine with cheap one's off eBay and had no problems.
Can you test the bulbs with a another power source to check they work.
And if you have a multimeter , you can check the voltage at the bulb holder to see if you are getting power to the bulbs.

AudiA6LeMans

I checked both fuse boxes (front and one in the boot) all fuses are working fine. I used a 9V power supply to try the original light bulbs and they both lighted up. When I put the originals back on still no light. And same outcome with the new light bulbs.

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
It's more likely the car does not like the resistance values of the LED replacements you have fitted. The car does a bulb check when the ignition is switched one, people use the term can-bus compatible but the bulb check has nothing to do with the can-bus system..

seasidestevo

one of my rear bulbs went - they are led one (2010 plate) bought one from the local spares shop but doesn't work either ??
thought i may have to try the audi ones

niedzial1983

You did put them in right way round ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk