A6 MMI - iPod Connection

razputin

Reaction score
Just been to the stealers and they have quoted me £399 to install an iPod connection to my 2006 A6 MMI (high) system. Unbelievable I know!!!

Is the only alternative a Dension Gateway 500 for slightly less, or is there another option that isn't an FM transmitter?

Seems really expensive to do! :-(

Go with the iPod and not the Denison. £399.00 is a very good price, especially from a Dealer, and you will get all the functionality from your iPod on your MMI. It wil be one of the best mods you can have in your A6.

Cheers man.

Not sure how to justify spending that much on an iPod connection to the missus, but needs must!! As i'm lost without all my music ;-p

On another note, you have noted that you have LED lights on your car. Those retro fitted ones? Was hoping to do my own but couldn't find them anywhere to buy?

On another note, you have noted that you have LED lights on your car. Those retro fitted ones? Was hoping to do my own but couldn't find them anywhere to buy?

You can pick a set up from ebay.de for about £300.00 but i have heard that they only have one reversing light in them, which i find strange.

Cheers guys.

What about Xenon lights to the front. Do you replace the inside of the lights with a kit off Ebay for example, or do you just replace the whole thing with the Xenon version and reprogramme using VCDS? Can the daytime running LED's be integrated into this too?

Sorry for all the questions but I've only just got my A6 and have a list of mods I want to get saving for. ie. LED rear lights, Xenons and iPod connection.

Perhaps the new RS6 alloys which I think will make my car look even more handsome :)

Last edited:
If you have Halogens then conversion to OEM Xenons is a tricky and expensive project.

I have just done Halogen to Xenon with LED DRL's and AFS. I had to add the self levelling system with AFS and new Xenon lamp housings, lamps, ballasts, cornering modules, front lighting controller. All of this is pretty expensive and time consuming to do. But the results are pretty impressive.

Are those xenon upgrade kits any good? Do they sit right without blinding other oncoming drivers? Recommend any?

What is the difference between all those kits? H1, H2 etc? I get the light levels (6000k etc..)
but which one would you actutally use to replace your side lights?

Might just do that for a simple and effective look.

Last edited:
If you go with the upgrade kits they have no kind of self leveling, and may dazzle the on-comming traffic. The OEM Kit that Craig is talking about, are the one that include new Audi headlights etc, Not the ones you can buy for about £80.00.

If you want to be legal and not de-value the car, then pay the money and make it look factory fitted.

You wont look back.

No way!? lol.

Let's just forget this conversation..... :p

Cheers any way man.