A6 mirrors will they fit the A3

Theres a good chance they will fit, you wont need the glass, just change the covers. A lot of VAG mirror casing are interchangable, the A4/A6 ones fit the pre facelift A3s so i dont see why not,

My Mrs Seat Arosa has the same mirrors as a Passat which is odd considering the size of the 2 cars!

just incase anyone going to bid they don't fit
cheers

i don't know but Audi confirmed they wouldn't fit

They will fit as they use the same mirrors & covers, the mounts are same from all I can work out after looking at some facelift a3's today, Audi will always tell you another chassis's parts wont fit another as a rule even if we know different.

The covers & mirror glass are exactly identical size/shape, I have a set of covers at the moment which I'm looking for the rest.

i spoke to an Audi technition today and
he assured me they wouldn't fit.
i know they do look the same but
the Audi a3 ones have a totally different number
cheers

I have to agree with NHN, they will say they wont fit because thats what the computer says! The computer is worng more often than not. My brother used to work in parts and he said he was suprised on a daily basis which VAG parts were compatible! They also have different part numbers between manufacturers but are exactly the same part.

You wont be suprised to know that a huge amount of Audi parts are fitted to VW/Skoda/SEAT under different numbers but are identical and even come in the same box!:rolleyes: If I know something might be compatible i always ring the SEAT/Skoda dealers first as they are usually cheaper.

You wont be suprised to know that a huge amount of Audi parts are fitted to VW/Skoda/SEAT under different numbers but are identical and even come in the same box!:rolleyes:

and the bizarre thing is, although they are EXACTLY the same parts they still differ in price!

This means that this is an even better alternative to the Facelifted "Dumbo" mirrors as these are the same size than the pre facelifted ones?

cheers

let me guess.....this was the same guy at Audi who told someone off here that facelift rear lights DEFIANLTELY dont fit 2004> A3's?!

cheers

Excuse me while I go out & clean my A4 alum covers & mirror glass on my A3.

Point made I think!!!!

Again I repeat, Audi will not as a course tell you a part from a certain chassis fits another chassis, its a standing joke with me & my parts guy that I pretty much deal with daily, different part numbers on my mirror glass & covers but fit 100% to my A3

Everyone learns in time as I did & yes amazing how the price is different huh

I thought they got their backsides booted a few years ago for the varied price between VW, Audi, Skoda & Seat for the same part - guess they are still up to it then.