A6 inner boot indicators sometimes not working

Jason_1

Reaction score
Hi my A6 2.0 2013 led indicators in the boot are playing up, warning comes up on dash and when I check the rear of the car the outer indicators work fine but the inner boot indicator just flickers one side, firstly it was offside inner now it’s nearside inner both not working, I took the light out of the boot to clean connectors but seemed ok tbh, I can’t believe both sides would malfunction at the same time so was wondering if there was a control unit or something that may be faulty for the boot indicators, thanks

Most likely a wiring harness fault around the hinge area.

Reactions: martinivw
Hi my A6 2.0 2013 led indicators in the boot are playing up, warning comes up on dash and when I check the rear of the car the outer indicators work fine but the inner boot indicator just flickers one side, firstly it was offside inner now it’s nearside inner both not working, I took the light out of the boot to clean connectors but seemed ok tbh, I can’t believe both sides would malfunction at the same time so was wondering if there was a control unit or something that may be faulty for the boot indicators, thanks
Common fault on the pre-facelift A6. Drove me mad, changed bulbs even though they looked fine, would fix it for a while and then come back. Seem to be caused by moisture in the unit. Try removing the build and giving it and the build holder a good clean, perhaps also spray a little IsoPropyl Alcohol in the holder to drive out any residual moisture.

Common fault on the pre-facelift A6. Drove me mad, changed bulbs even though they looked fine, would fix it for a while and then come back. Seem to be caused by moisture in the unit. Try removing the build and giving it and the build holder a good clean, perhaps also spray a little IsoPropyl Alcohol in the holder to drive out any residual moisture.

Thanks for the reply, was that for a led light ? I looked inside and there is a small bulb and what looks like a strip of leds for the indicator that you can’t access,

DCD9E573 855F 47D7 BEB3 735B9B5FA3BD

Thanks for the reply, was that for a led light ? I looked inside and there is a small bulb and what looks like a strip of leds for the indicator that you can’t access,
Mine had a build (it was a pre-facelift SE so had halogen headlights and partial rear LEDs. Not sure about S-Line and whether that had LED indictors.

As B5 advises, check hinge rubbers for any wiring issues, as both & on a moving part per se seems likely to be more this.

Thought it might be helpful if anybody else comes across this issue, One day walking past my car i noticed the light had condensation inside it, I was going to put a new seal around the closing of the boot to see if this fixed the issue but what i did first was slightly adjust the lock closing plate inside the boot slightly to pull the boot tighter when closing, It was a case of just undoing the 2 bolts, its a bit fiddly because if you move it to much the boot then doesn't close without force, i got there in the end and so far a few months have passed and i have not had any issues.

Attachments

• Audi Rear Light Condensation 2.jpg
    Audi Rear Light Condensation 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223