A6 Heated Seats - Good but Rubbish?

hazey7

Reaction score
I love heated seats. You may think I'm spoilt and a moaning git - but - Why the Donald Duck didn't they put some heating elements in that front bit that moves backwards and forwards? So most of me is nice and toasty except the bit of legs just above my knees.

Unless of course that seat bit has heaters and mine are not working? Pretty sure not.

They are not heated on an A4 probably cos its not easy to make a safe connection

I'd rather that bit didn't move and was heated. Cant think of any other cars that have an extending front bit. You listening Audi?! Course not.

and while I'm at it; my other top moans:
1. Why dont saloons have rear wipers?
2. Why aren't heated steering wheels more common?
3. Why cant you preheat cars 10 minutes before use by remote control?

(I know some of the above are available - but certainly not widely)

I agree that there seems little point in the pullout bit and I have long legs that should benefit.My wifes Bora has heated Recaros that are much better but I have heard that Audi reduced the power in recent years.But the Bora could do with a rear wiper but it would be difficult to fit like most saloons.Heated s/wheels would be tricky and I dont have the need with a good leather one.Preheating would be a big drain on the battery but I have heard of a mains version but this sounds like a lot of bother unless you live inside the Arctic circle

the heated steering wheel and the pre heating are all options on the c6 and have seen a few with them spec'd, look in the manual as it tells you all about them (either the one on the mmi cd or the written one)

the steering wheel looks like an sline one but is four spoked.... LHD AUDI | eBay (looks like this)
i have seen on a couple of s6's etc

most japanese import saloons have rear wipers and one of my ren 1916v chamades did and i agree there it is defo a good thing.

how do the heated seats work as in my lemans if no **** is on the seat it dont heat but when people sat on them it does..... i think the extending leg rest is heated on mine but the seat gets too hot to burn myself evenly and find out.

Last edited:
hazey7 - The extending leg supports seem to get pretty damn hot on my lemans edition...

Gavin0478 - Just regarding your no **** on seat no heat query - it's probably a similar setup but the reverse of the sensor that can tell when you're sat in the seat but don't have your seat belt on. If you don't put your seat belt on and then drive above 15mph you get chimed at and the seat belt warning light flashes on the instrument cluster.

Just my two penneth.....

The plot thickens: Mines an 07 le mans; I just thought that the extending bit wouldn't have heaters as it would need a flexible cable supply feed from the rest of the seat. Maybe mine is broken.

Anyone ever took one of these seats apart?!

What year is your le Mans, Mr Delirious?

well my 07 lemans burnt me legs today lol so works on mine.... do you have them extended?

hazey 7, It's an '08 Model Year - '57 plate. I have the support in the extended position pretty much all the time, only moving it to get the hoover under the seat.

Thats a shame, I was hoping that the heater might kick in if the seat extension was 'housed' ie, not extended. Sounds like mine is not working then......

Its a shame no Audi technicians read these forums and could tell me what to look for. I guess if its elements gone open circuit there's no realistic chance of a fix for less than £10,000.

I'll have a ferret under the seat just in case.

used my heated seats today and my extended bits defo get hot....really hot!

Just found out that only one 'third' of the passenger seat base gets hot....

problems are starting to mount up on this car......

Anyone got a reliable car?