A6 headlight upgrade

JimC64

Reaction score
car01.jpg

I've been replacing my interior lights recently with leds.....beautiful cool bright white light with a slight bluish tinge ( see my interior light led thread )
As part of this I wanted to upgrade the headlights, foglights etc too. I seriously thought about an HID kit but as my car doesn't have projector headlamps I decided against it ( at present anyway )
I went for Sportzblue by Ring automotive and bought from Autobulbs direct.
I upgraded the dipped beams to 80w with H7, the main beam to 80w with H1 and the foglights to 80w with H7 also. At the same time I upgraded the 501 sidelights with the bluish tinge for the HID look.
Please see pics below.........
Pic 1 and 2 of the bulbs used
Pic 3 -dipped 80w main 80w + sides from the front
pic 4 - dipped 80w main 80w + sides from the side
Pic 5 - dipped beam 80w + sidelights

A seriously marked improvement as I knew they would be. I compared them to my wifes Passat yellow / dull tired lookin standard bulbs. I did this upgrade beofre on my Jag X type so I knew it'd work well:arco:
well chuffed!

car01.jpg

As it would only let me post 5 pics I've replied to show the view from grund level front, and 2 pics showing the leds currently fitted to the rear number plates.
Attached Thumbnails

Yeah well chuffed if the images would show up, lol.

car01.jpg

Sumthin strange goin on guys.....I can see them perfectly:wtf:

Anyhow....try these n see if you can see them...

dipped, mainbeams and fogs from ground level
viewfromgroundlevelfront.jpg

dipped, mainbeam and fogs from eye level
dipped80wmain80wsidesfromthefront.jpg

dipped beam and sidelights only from front
dipped80wmain80wsidesfromthefront.jpg

rear leds on number plate
rearnumberplateleds.jpg

rear leds on number plate
rearnumberplatedleds1.jpg

Compare the whiteness of the headlights withthe street lighting in the background which is ( white- ish ) but shows up as yellow/amber!

Howzatt?
Jim