A6 - Headlamp Removal ??? Help

I

imported_bobbinz

Can someone help please? I've got some new Headlamps for my '99 vintage A6 - the lenses on the old ones having endured 130K of road blasting are a bit 'milky'.

What looks as though it should be a dead simple job looks as though it's going to be a pig!

I've undone the two torx screws but all that seems to do is allow the unit to flap around a bit. Looking at the new lamps there appear to be a couple of locating lugs; one on the underside near the indicator and another pointing at the radiator. I've applied 'gentle persuasion' to no avail - the lamp doesn't appear to want to lift and it's not moving forward non either.

I've called a couple of Audi Dealerships and apart from Preston (who were worse than useless), each suggested that there were additional screws, either near the indicator or inside the light unit.

Can't see that myself - I've had a jolly good inside and out of the new lamps and cannot find any holes through which to screw or any tapped holes, into which a screw could grip.

So, not wanting to hurt my pride and joy but still needing to fit my new lights for these dark evenings on the motorway I turn to the hopefully knowledgeable community on ASN.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on my problem.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

OK boys and Girls - Stop looking, found the answer for myself on Audi World ( http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ ) the article needed is all about A6 Clear Corner Mod for Dummies, but it covers the disasembly nicely and points the way to my extra screws. -

Know what i'm doing this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif