A6 Dicky Door!

Jason

Reaction score
Website
www.moulin-lacombe.com
Hi Everybod

Got a A6 problem with the drivers side door sensor, (left door as it's a left hooker) doesn't register that the door is opening and closing.Courtesy lights don't come on and no door open image on dash computer display, this I could nearly live with but driving lights on alarm when you stop the car and open the door doesn't work either meaning that I systematically leave the lights on!!!!

Got away with it so far-But know I'm going to get caught out with a "Flatty".

Any help appreciated before I rip the door in bits

I bet the switch is mouted within the lock mech inside the door, probably need to remove that to access the switch. Maybe a clean would do it?

let us know how you get on

sorry I didnt reply in the A6 forum for this, I spotted this one first

simon

oh pooooooo!
Took the door mechanism in bits as per link, but not fully like your man did as there is no need wasn't corroded but cleaned all contacts all the same,headlights on door alarm started working again after 2nd clean, so well chuffed put everything back together (including door panel) closed the door and now the bl**dy thing wont open from inside or out!!!!!

Door is well and truly closed!!!!Anyone any idea's????????

I can only be something you have done,

Only good thing is that it now shows that the door is open. !!!!!!!!!!!

are you saying that your door is closed and it wont open at all?????

Simon

Yeh! Thought about that, can then close the window with the remote afterwards!!Sorted! Keep the wife in shape too!

Managed to get the door open again after much hassle,and will take the whole lot in bits again today!

Cheers Simon! A good "Top Tip" check it works before putting door panel back on!

I did do just that! but what a ba*terd of a job!!!!!!

All sorted now,door opens,closes,locks and more to the point the sensor now works and does its job,headlights alarm,courtesy lights work etc........

Certainly wouldn't recommend taking it in bits!!!!!!!.a right nightmare getting all the central locking working again......as it happens the door sensor is a mico-switch in the actual door mechanism which in my case the grease has dried up over time and the cam which operates the switch had stuck.I reckon that if I had been in less of a rush (Reason being that I also found out on Sunday that I had a split drive shaft gaiter to change too) and tried a slap hand of WD40 in the lock it might have done the trick without all the hassle.

Now all I've got to do is get the central locking working again for the boot?

well done

pleased u got it sorted.

in my car at the moment playing with vagcom. trying to find why my alarm keeping going off. it has confirmed that the problem with my esp and abs light last week was down to the brake switch.

now my alphabid cable works do i register the software???

Simon

Simon
All's still good with no embarrassing climbing through the window moments!
Cheers mate!

Glad that you sorted your esp/abs lights out.Sorry cant help with your vag com, try the VAG.COM forum if you haven't already!

Jason

Simon
All's still good with no embarrassing climbing through the window moments!
Cheers mate!

Glad that you sorted your esp/abs lights out.Sorry cant help with your vag com, try the VAG.COM forum if you haven't already!

Jason

Jason

glad to hear all ok

still got problems with my alarm but Im upto my mates this weekend and he's just spent 8k on a new diagnostic equipment, supposed to tell you the problem and all the part number required

well we'll see

cheers

Simon