A6 C8 Head rests

MRJ

Reaction score
I’ve had a couple of C7’s and loved the head rests that pulled/extended forward as they were great when sat in traffic for resting your head against without having to push your head back. My new C8 S-Line with full Nappa leather though, has a more standard up/down head rest which sits a few inches further back and really disappointed me because I thought they’d still have the C7 type fitted.

I’ve seen pictures of a few european models with the forward/backward C7 style ones but it looks like the UK spec doesn’t have it as an option. Am I wrong about this, and does anyone have them in theirs? I’ll have to see if they are available to order when I go in for a service because I do miss them.

I noticed the same thing, I have the standard alcantara interior, and have the same headrests as you. It must be just be a non-UK featur and I preferred the C7 ones

I noticed the same thing, I have the standard alcantara interior, and have the same headrests as you. It must be just be a non-UK featur and I preferred the C7 ones
Funnily enough, I had a 17 plate A4 and that had basic ones fitted, but I found pictures online of the forward/backward ones fitted to the same leather seats I had in that. Popped into the dealer also armed with the manual that made reference to the ‘premium’ ones (or words similar) and asked the helpful parts chap. Computer says no he says. Ok I say, but the manual also refers to a ‘premium version’. Computer says no he says again. I said I’ve seen that show before, but I still didn’t get anywhere. Dare I ask again..... lol.

See if you can find A C7 one you can "test fit", as I'm sure the hole width will be the same as the C8.

Reactions: glasgow1
In Germany you can specify variable headrests, see below from the German Configurator. The S Sports seats are not the same as the ones fitted to the S-Line

Upload 2019 3 15 8 44 3

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-15_8-43-30.png
    upload_2019-3-15_8-43-30.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: DaveW
Hi I may be missing something but it says in the configuration they adjust both height and distance. Also the pictures on the configuration page shows the button to adjust it.

I’d take this up with the dealer.

Contained in configuration
With manual seat adjustment on Sport. Electric adjustment of seat height, seat fore/aft position, seat rake and backrest angle available with optional Electric front seats with driver memory (standard on S line). Manual adjustment of headrest height and distance, as well as belt height. Prominent seat side bolsters for better lateral support when cornering, extending thigh support and electric 4-way lumbar support.

Might be worthwhile having a look on Audi.de or other European country’s website’s car configurator to see what seat options they have, when you confirm the type you are after is available in that country, then send an e-mail to a dealership or two in that country requesting the part number for a headrest for that particular seat type.

Then just a case of finding that particular part for sale on the continent online I suppose...

Hi I may be missing something but it says in the configuration they adjust both height and distance. Also the pictures on the configuration page shows the button to adjust it.

I’d take this up with the dealer.

Contained in configuration
With manual seat adjustment on Sport. Electric adjustment of seat height, seat fore/aft position, seat rake and backrest angle available with optional Electric front seats with driver memory (standard on S line). Manual adjustment of headrest height and distance, as well as belt height. Prominent seat side bolsters for better lateral support when cornering, extending thigh support and electric 4-way lumbar support.
Yeah, I read the same. I’ll ask my local dealer when I’m next in there. I didn’t buy it from them and can’t be bothered to go back to the dealer I got it from as they still haven’t answered another question I raised as it is. Ta.

Does anyone have an update? I’ve asked the dealer to heck what’s going on as mine don’t move and the configurator says they do. I’ll let you know what comes of it

Does anyone have an update? I’ve asked the dealer to heck what’s going on as mine don’t move and the configurator says they do. I’ll let you know what comes of it
I haven’t spoken to the dealer yet - let me/us know how you get on. Something tells me they won’t do much but if you don’t ask, you don’t get I suppose.

I haven’t spoken to the dealer yet - let me/us know how you get on. Something tells me they won’t do much but if you don’t ask, you don’t get I suppose.
He said if it says it in the configurator (it says height and distance) then it should move forward. He is investigating.

I just looked on the audi.de site as mentioned above. I couldn't find the english translation for it, but certainly from what I could tell, and ironically, the Germans get proper ripped off compare to us! We get so much more stuff standard, although there are a few extra options for them (like massage and ventilated seats, comfort seats, 35+45tdi, all-road, S6)

I just looked on the audi.de site as mentioned above. I couldn't find the english translation for it, but certainly from what I could tell, and ironically, the Germans get proper ripped off compare to us! We get so much more stuff standard, although there are a few extra options for them (like massage and ventilated seats, comfort seats, 35+45tdi, all-road, S6)
It’s on our configurator as standard, you can find it if you click the info icon on the sports seats.

I agree with the new headrest being disappointing in comparison with the C7.5 ones, i just can't get as comfortable in the new C8 without the adjustable headrests. got my local Audi dealer to check out the variable ones and they came back to me with a price of €375 + 23%vat for one!!!

Good point. The hire C8 A6 vehicles in Germany had these and I’m not surprised we don’t. What I am surprised about is how Audi UK have not sought to sell us these as one of the cost options.

Regarding the UK price. After removing in each country the respective VAT rates, the Germans get a far better deal than we do in the UK. However I accelerated the replacement of my old C6 A6 as at the time Brexit was scheduled for early 2019 and the C8 lead times were getting longer. If no trade deal the import duty and tanking GBP could have loaded a good few percent on the final cost. The flip side was no 55 petrol engine and no “S” model on the horizon - it was known then that the “S” would be an enhanced version of the 50 Diesel engine plus the usual breaking system enhancements and a few flashy bits of trim, twin exhaust and badging.

No good comparing the actual cost of a retail object using the exchange rate, the cost of goods are also based upon the numbers of units sold. Far lower in the UK I expect....