A6 (c8) Battery location

karan538

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my first thread so hello everybody!

I have a audi a6 (c8) black edition 45 tfsi with the tech pack, comfort & sound pack.

However for my taste the bass is slacking. For some it will be more than enough.

I am currently trying to do a Sub & Amp install but Im having difficulties finding the 2nd battery (if there is one)

Ive located the 12v battery in the engine bay which leads to a connection point.

However there is a 0 gauge power cable going through the firewall which leads me to believe there is a second battery.

Can please someone explain the battery system in the a6. I’m not sure if i can power the amp with the 12v in the front, i believe it is for the mild hybrid system.

Also, where is the 2nd battery?

Thanks guys

Boot on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: karan538
BC7AF0EE 69D8 4293 A68E 4ED81B8AA149

Reactions: dezurita07, xp9 and karan538
I think OP might be confusing the jump point with a battery? These cars only have one starter battery which is, as the rest of the posters stated, in the boot on the right.
The rest of the batteries are either mounted in/on the what Audi calls belt starter generator unit (real fancy starter motor with some built in battery for the mild hybrid system) or somewhere along the chassis if it's the TFSIe model.

The main battery is in the boot on the offside behind the trim as said above, and there maybe another lithium ion battery at the bulkhead under the bonnet, which serves the mild hybrid malarkey which is the alternator starter, but will switch to back up the main battery at certain times. The positive terminal under the bonnet is for jump starting and charging etc