A6 C7 Memory Seats - retrofit - need help

Muran

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have swapped my standard seats for S Line fully electric seats with memory. These are working fine but I am trying to set up memory seats in my car. I have got buttons and wire for my door card.

I have plugged everything but memory seats doesn't work. I read that I need to do some coding on VCDS.

Could someone help me with it?

Also new seats, buttons and wire in door card are enough to get it working as should? I read that sometimes door control module needs to be changed. Is that true?

Thank you in advance for all help.

Find someone with vcds and code everything.

I have VCDS - just need someone to tell me what and how needs to be coded.

The control module for the memory function which sits under the drivers seat has CP on it. Remove it and then you can have memory seats working properly

What parts do you need?
I have a full set of low mileage S -Line seats. Full electric, door cards, memory switch etc available

The control module for the memory function which sits under the drivers seat has CP on it. Remove it and then you can have memory seats working properly

Hi,

Could you send me any pictures how CP looks like ? Sorry I don't really know what I need to remove. Do I need to remove it from both seats?

Thanks

It needs software cp removal, not a physical item.

I see. Can I do it by using VCDS? If yes, could someone give me some advise how to do it please? Thanks

I have done some research and looks like I need Diagnostic tool VAS 5054A and Odis software to remove CP.
Could someone tell me if I need another wire than one in door?

I was trying to connect to driver memory seat module using VCDS but I have no connection. Do I need to remove CP first to be able to connect?

What coding is required on VCDS after CP is removed?

Thanks for all your help.

I have done some research and looks like I need Diagnostic tool VAS 5054A and Odis software to remove CP.
Could someone tell me if I need another wire than one in door?

I was trying to connect to driver memory seat module using VCDS but I have no connection. Do I need to remove CP first to be able to connect?

What coding is required on VCDS after CP is removed?

Thanks for all your help.
You would need a genuine ODIS and an authorised online account in order to remove CP.

You should be able to communicate and even code without having to complete CP removal, but until you do the it won’t work.

Have you connected the 'new' seats to the CAN network? If so you need to enable 'drivers' seat memory 34 i think in the gateway 19 with vcds. It will then show up in your module list and you can look/change coding as normal. Only the function of the memory activation will be restricted until Cp is removed.

jus by pass the module and wire seats directly from switches to motors then power source via the fag lighter circuit, its what my mechanic done cost £75 and took him 2hrs