1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 C7 Memory Seats - retrofit - need help

Muran Aug 11, 2019

1. Muran

Muran New Member

Hi Guys,

I have swapped my standard seats for S Line fully electric seats with memory. These are working fine but I am trying to set up memory seats in my car. I have got buttons and wire for my door card.

I have plugged everything but memory seats doesn't work. I read that I need to do some coding on VCDS.

Could someone help me with it?

Also new seats, buttons and wire in door card are enough to get it working as should? I read that sometimes door control module needs to be changed. Is that true?

Thank you in advance for all help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group

Find someone with vcds and code everything.

4. Muran

Muran New Member

I have VCDS - just need someone to tell me what and how needs to be coded.

5. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

The control module for the memory function which sits under the drivers seat has CP on it. Remove it and then you can have memory seats working properly

6. Raymond Carroll

Raymond Carroll New Member

Can I ask were you got all the parts ? Looking to do the same

7. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

What parts do you need?
    I have a full set of low mileage S -Line seats. Full electric, door cards, memory switch etc available

8. Raymond Carroll

Raymond Carroll New Member

Cheers, Just messaged you.

9. Muran

Muran New Member

Hi,

Could you send me any pictures how CP looks like ? Sorry I don't really know what I need to remove. Do I need to remove it from both seats?

Thanks

10. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It needs software cp removal, not a physical item.

11. Muran

Muran New Member

I see. Can I do it by using VCDS? If yes, could someone give me some advise how to do it please? Thanks

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Nope, dealer tool or aftermarket.

14. Muran

Muran New Member

I have done some research and looks like I need Diagnostic tool VAS 5054A and Odis software to remove CP.
    Could someone tell me if I need another wire than one in door?

I was trying to connect to driver memory seat module using VCDS but I have no connection. Do I need to remove CP first to be able to connect?

What coding is required on VCDS after CP is removed?

Thanks for all your help.

15. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

You would need a genuine ODIS and an authorised online account in order to remove CP.

You should be able to communicate and even code without having to complete CP removal, but until you do the it won’t work.

16. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

Have you connected the 'new' seats to the CAN network? If so you need to enable 'drivers' seat memory 34 i think in the gateway 19 with vcds. It will then show up in your module list and you can look/change coding as normal. Only the function of the memory activation will be restricted until Cp is removed.