A6 C7 3 0tdi juddering

Sean85

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope I've posted in the correct section.

I have a problem with my A6. I'm getting a violent judder. Only happens when I release the throttle around 70mph, then depress the throttle again immediately. Almost feels like it drops a cylinder or 2 for a second or so. Apart from at this speed, it runs and drives very smooth, with no smoke or misfire.

Anyone had this fault, or can give any advice on what the potential issue could be? Been given conflicting diagnosis from 2 companies. 1 that it's a gearbox fault, the other that it's an injector fault.

It's a 2012 3.0tdi.

Many thanks

Were there any fault codes recorded on the gearbox or engine?. Is the car standard ?, does it have any kind of tuning box on it?.

Hi guys, hope I've posted in the correct section.

I have a problem with my A6. I'm getting a violent judder. Only happens when I release the throttle around 70mph, then depress the throttle again immediately. Almost feels like it drops a cylinder or 2 for a second or so. Apart from at this speed, it runs and drives very smooth, with no smoke or misfire.

Anyone had this fault, or can give any advice on what the potential issue could be? Been given conflicting diagnosis from 2 companies. 1 that it's a gearbox fault, the other that it's an injector fault.

It's a 2012 3.0tdi.

Many thanks
Hi,
Have you managed to find the problem? I’m having the same issue.
Thanks