A6 C7 3.0 BiTDI things to watch out for

Spiedhermonkey

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all. Considering one of these in the near future and wondered what sort of things I should watch out for when looking/test driving.

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate

Having just been in your shoes a couple of weeks ago, I would say there is not a lot that goes wrong with these engines/gearboxes.
I just looked for one with a solid service history and one that came with a decent warranty, i bought mine from a BMW dealership.
one thing i would say is get the spec you want and don't be afraid to wait for the right car to come along.
i was looking at one which was just an s line and was 300 miles away but i waited and my black edition came up a lot closer to home and from a more reputable dealer.

Whats your budget?

Avant of Saloon?

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey and DonkeyIce
That's good to hear that the engineers not know for any particular faults. It's a big lump, so you'd imagine any repairs would be expensive.

I'm looking for black or Daytona Grey Avant, around a 64 plate I reckon, Black Edition with Pan Roof. I'd really love the 15 plate with updated looks, but that's just out of reach I think. We've seen one at £27,450 which is just about as much as I can justify to her indoors. I'm just worried that the newer model will keep driving past me and I'll be regretful every time I see it, that I didn't hold out for the newer one to come down in price.

I had it in mind that I wanted HDD Satnav instead of SD, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Cheers for the help. How are you enjoying your new motor?

Bitdi’s are great, only thing I’d say watch out for are brakes, they’re a heavy beast!
Tech pack covers the HD sat nav not seen many without.

I wouldn’t worry about the face lift, it looks nice yes but pre FL is still a handsome wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey
Deafo go Daytona. It's such a lovely colour. here's mine
1ff1dcfe120caa716fcd0741a1789bc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackwood, Spiedhermonkey and DonkeyIce
Get one with the Tech Pack; bigger, wider MMI screen and colour DIS.

You can tell on photos if it has it as there is a touch pad down by the gear stick. Non tech-pack has 6 buttons with chrome strips in between

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey and Buxton2901
That's good to hear that the engineers not know for any particular faults. It's a big lump, so you'd imagine any repairs would be expensive.

I'm looking for black or Daytona Grey Avant, around a 64 plate I reckon, Black Edition with Pan Roof. I'd really love the 15 plate with updated looks, but that's just out of reach I think. We've seen one at £27,450 which is just about as much as I can justify to her indoors. I'm just worried that the newer model will keep driving past me and I'll be regretful every time I see it, that I didn't hold out for the newer one to come down in price.

I had it in mind that I wanted HDD Satnav instead of SD, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Cheers for the help. How are you enjoying your new motor?

Mine doesn't quite match what you are looking for, but i have a Mythos Black Saloon up for sale currently. It has a great spec considering with the Tech, Lighting, Convenience and Parking Packs. Also has a sunroof, which seems rare for the saloons.

Its on Autotrader for £28k currently, but you would have change left over from your budget. Its also got an APR Stage 1 remap on it, pushing 395bhp.

Good luck in your search, you will not be disappointed when you find the right one!!

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey and Buxton2901
Thanks guys.

The one I'm looking at doesn't have the Tech Pack, but it has other features like Pan Roof and reversing camera which the wife really likes.

Buxton2901 that's a corker of a car! I love Daytona grey - it's more suitable I think for me now I'm in my 40's as it's more understated than it looks in black. Either are very nice though.

Thanks for the advice on Tech Pack Rhyso. All the cars on Autotrader seem to say SD based NaNav, even the ones with Tech Pack. Dealer mistakes I guess.

Ross27, I do need an Avant unfortunately, for our dog.

I've seen a facelift one which has it all, but it's £5k over budget. I've put the link to both down here. Your expert opinions would be welcome....

The realistic one:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...edition BiTDI&make=AUDI&sort=sponsored&page=1

The fantasy one (although not in Daytona Grey):
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201805086295271

Reactions: Buxton2901
Both lovely cars mate. I actually looked at one weybridge cars had in before I got mine.
I had a few things on my wish list that I had to compromise on (power tailgate,pan roof,memory seats) although my budget was less than yours so there was only a few cars within it for sale. Enjoy the hunt and take your time. It's a nerve racking experience but a great one at the same time.
These are amazing cars.
You will not be disappointed

Reactions: DonkeyIce and Spiedhermonkey
Well it looks like this time next week I could be the proud new owner of a 16 plate A6 3.0 BiTDI. Went down to Stratford Audi today & put the deposit down. Lovely Daytona Grey one with Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Storage Pack, heated steering wheel, sports suspension, Lighting Pack, power boot lid. There's no pan roof, head up display or electric memory seats, but they're just luxuries. I'm really happy with the spec over all.

Cheers for the help & advice guys.

Reactions: DonkeyIce, Buxton2901 and Rhyso
Congrats mate. Look forward to seeing some pics of her

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey