A6 C6 with TT wheels??

Ritzdog

Reaction score
Hi all, bought my A6 a while back and am slowly gathering info on it so I know the ins and outs of this model
This time is the wheels turn (pun intended)
I've been told they are off the TT as they are 19 inch, can anyone confirm/deny/extrapolate on this?
Also when I removed them earlier today there was a plastic adaptor on the centre of the hub, never seen one before which I'm guessing is to allow for the larger centre hole (apologies for non technical term) of the wheels
Funny thing is I've been suffering with wheel vibration from 1 corner at 60-70mph and 1 tyre is unevenly worn on inside edge and was wondering if, being plastic, these adaptors could be the cause?
I've attached some pics from the inside of my wheels, not sure if they'll mean anything to anyone
Thanks in advance as always guys and gals
D
934a721035942078a05ea8e66d652971.jpg
a42ab202efeca6a71faa0fcb6ff1fafe.jpg
273affcc6713ae3d88fd110c85911002.jpg
cbe0ee813ecbfe79a7a68ca622f42c7b.jpg
ddbc4a2dda8e8b4d67a6ce2f29719614.jpg
2081bce511189092787074810f17f49b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi there fella.
Being 19s don't meant they have to be from a TT.
And I think that bolt pattern on TT is 5x100 and the A6 is 5x112. But not 100% sure in this.
As for the spigot ring (the plastic thing) as you suspect is to reduce the centre bore of the wheels so they can fit tightly to the car and normally they go on the back of the wheel but it can happen getting stuck to the car when removing wheel..
About the vibration I don't think the spigot rings are the issue.. I've used them number of times and never had similar issue.
Unless they aren't mounted flushed to the wheel..
Maybe double check this and see if it cures the vibration problem. If not I'd turn to wheel weights. They might have fallen off.
Anything else you need to know don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ritzdog
Oh.. And BTW.
According to your pictures the wheels are 20 inch. Not 19.

Crikey it even says 20 on the tyres how'd I miss that!
So after the wheel swap the vibration is still there so I'll take it to garage to have the wheel balancing checked
Once that's done I think the hubs need a darned good wire-brush!!
Thanks for your advice, I'll keep you posted

Reactions: SemedoB6
It even says 20x 9 on the spokes of the wheel and 20 inch on the tyres :) .
Those are aftermarket wheels not genuine audi alloys. Quality won't be as good and larger wheels with low profile tyres are more likely to buckle and get flat spots on the rim. Get them rebalanced and ask the fitter to check the wheel isn't buckled. You can usually see it on the balancing machine if you look at the wheel as it's spinning. They have a cover over the top half but the bottom half of the wheel can be seen . Cheap tyres can also go out of shape causing issues.

Reactions: abmat and Ritzdog
Hi there fella.
Being 19s don't meant they have to be from a TT.
And I think that bolt pattern on TT is 5x100 and the A6 is 5x112. But not 100% sure in this.
As for the spigot ring (the plastic thing) as you suspect is to reduce the centre bore of the wheels so they can fit tightly to the car and normally they go on the back of the wheel but it can happen getting stuck to the car when removing wheel..
About the vibration I don't think the spigot rings are the issue.. I've used them number of times and never had similar issue.
Unless they aren't mounted flushed to the wheel..
Maybe double check this and see if it cures the vibration problem. If not I'd turn to wheel weights. They might have fallen off.
Anything else you need to know don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help.

Just to add, helpfully I hope to SemedoB6's post: bolt pattern on the MK2 and current TT was/is 5 x 112 with a 57,1 dia spigot SemedoB6 while the MK1 TT was indeed 5x100 with the same 57.1 dia spigot. The TT 19" rim is a 19x9J with ET52.

Data for ALL wheels can be be found here:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/audi/

Just to add, helpfully I hope to SemedoB6's post: bolt pattern on the MK2 and current TT was/is 5 x 112 with a 57,1 dia spigot SemedoB6 while the MK1 TT was indeed 5x100 with the same 57.1 dia spigot. The TT 19" rim is a 19x9J with ET52.

Data for ALL wheels can be be found here:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/audi/
Thanks for clearing that up.
I wasn't 100% sure. And indeed your post was helpful.

Reactions: 45bvtc
It even says 20x 9 on the spokes of the wheel and 20 inch on the tyres :) .
Those are aftermarket wheels not genuine audi alloys. Quality won't be as good and larger wheels with low profile tyres are more likely to buckle and get flat spots on the rim. Get them rebalanced and ask the fitter to check the wheel isn't buckled. You can usually see it on the balancing machine if you look at the wheel as it's spinning. They have a cover over the top half but the bottom half of the wheel can be seen . Cheap tyres can also go out of shape causing issues.
I had a feeling they weren't genuine as there wasnt the Audi stamp on the back of them like there was on the spare in the boot, this confirmed it thanks
What sort of psi should they be? Or where can I find out? They're all at 30 which is the same as when i bought the car
I'm saving up for a new set of tyres as we speak but not gonna be for a while as they cost a fortune and want to get good ones

I’ve got 18s on my A6 and I run 44 psi in the rear and 46psi in the front. I’ve got a 2.7tdi so a heavy engine but I’ve found that stops uneven tyre wear.

When I first got the car a few years ago I would get wear on the inner and outer edge as if the tyres were low on pressure but they were always what Audi recommended. So I’ve been experimenting with optimum pressures, I also swap them front to rear corner to corner once in a while and so far I’ve got around 24k out of them and they are around or just over half worn.
I’m running good year efficient grips, not aftermarket tyres which probably helps with wear too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ritzdog
Just a little thought, if, as Karl says, they are aftermarket wheels, check that your bolts are the cone shape and not curved as per O.E