A6 C6 Brake upgrade

Dannyboy759

Reaction score
Just wondering who has up rated there brakes, what they've used, kits etc?

easy enough to retrofit the 365mm from the S6.

plenty of hubs / calipers on ebay - discs and pads easily available.

you will need 19" wheels.

Yeah ive seen people doing that but S6 brakes arent exactly easy to come by and to be honest they are great. The reason I ask is I looked for ages for information about brake upgrades for the C6 platform and the only thing i could find apart from put EBC ***** pads on the OEM calipers was S6 calipers and discs as youve mentioned. Ive just fitted Audi 8 pot calipers to mine using the Rs4 fully floating discs my car is running Lambo/RS4/RS3/Phaeton 8 piston calipers and 365mm fully floating discs, either plain or punched. The set up works really well if you know what carrier, disc and bell to use.

I'm not a fan of EBC having had poor experiences in the past. I'm running stock S6 brakes with Brembo pads now. Swapping fluid in next couple of weeks. And will move to the JHM lightweight discs. As for trackpads. I'm a big fan of DS2500s and 3000s if you want to destroy the paint on your rims. The right fluid and cooling is what really matters. Get this right and great braking will follow.

Thats what i was saying, EBC pads are worse than OEM stuff and ive proved it, Pagid RS19 or 29s or Endless Ferrodo pads have mixed results arent very kind to rotors.

My old track day car had 312mm discs + stock crappy VAG single pot calipers with super 4.1 + DS3000 it was very very competant but then it was only about 1150kg..

The brake killer in the A6 is always going to be weight - unless some stripping of the interior is done.