A6 C6 brake upgrade question.

Jayme

Reaction score
I have a facelift C6 2.0 TDI 170bhp. I’ve found S6 C6 Brakes. I’ve read I only need to change the spindles to make them work. Is a spindle what I’d call a wheel hub (as pictured)?

why do the S6 brakes need a new spindle? Is it to accommodate the disks? If so would I need different alloys?

kind regards,
J.

Attachments

• 2313785E-04E2-4F8F-B21E-8EE69F73661C.png
    2313785E-04E2-4F8F-B21E-8EE69F73661C.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 8F310B61-0D53-4C43-A2EF-0B84FC2E820E.png
    8F310B61-0D53-4C43-A2EF-0B84FC2E820E.png
    669.6 KB · Views: 88
I have to ask why? I always found the brakes on my c6 plenty good enough.

if you’re finding they’re weak, I’d first look to see if there is a cause of this. Before I spent the time and money on s6 brakes I’d try braided lines first.

someone else may be able to confirm but I think s6 discs are stupid money and may be oem only.

Reactions: NHN
I have to ask why? I always found the brakes on my c6 plenty good enough.

if you’re finding they’re weak, I’d first look to see if there is a cause of this. Before I spent the time and money on s6 brakes I’d try braided lines first.

someone else may be able to confirm but I think s6 discs are stupid money and may be oem only.
Oh they are plenty good I do agree. Really sharp. The stock ones are huge. I just like the look of the S6 brakes.

Heard the Porchshe models or Q5 will fit also, without going into S/RS model prices.

I personally would like an upgrade of my 2010 2.0 TDI only for appearance reason, not that the car need any stopping power from THAT humongus engine and stage 1 power it has. Lol. However, looking at the overall upgrade and future maintenance costs, I have better mods I can spend that money on.

Tbh, you can always go for bigger discs, if can fit and go for drilled or groved option for more stealth look.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

It’s only because I’ve found S6 brakes for so cheap. Else I wouldn’t bother. I just want to know what a spindle is

You need the bearing carrier too! The diameter is bigger. Not as cheap a retrofit as you may be led to believe.

Reactions: Jayme
I run EBC discs and pads all round, they are miles better than the OEM (albeit worn)!

Does the 2.0 have smaller brakes that the 3.0? That might be another cheap option.

Reactions: Jayme
Does the 2.0 have smaller brakes that the 3.0? That might be another cheap option.

Yes but the bearing carrier I assume would be the smallest available on the 2.0.

@Jayme PM me your VIN, I can check in the parts catalogue of whats fitted.

Information PMd back but in my opinion, not worth it at all given the other parts such as flexi's, abs modules/pump that may be needed on top and not even considering any parts required for the rears.

Minimum you're looking at (fronts), 2x wheel bearings/hubs, 2x wheel bearing carriers, discs, pads, calipers, carriers. On a 170bhp TDI, standard brakes would suffice imo.

Reactions: abmat