A6 C6 Avant Rattle from drivers footwell

johnny_m

Reaction score
Hi, my Avant has developed a rattle from drivers footwell, just infront of the seat.

There seems to be a void there, does any one know what resides in there .... ?

What is the easiest way of getting to it... do I really need to take the front seat out ?

Thanks For your help in advance.

I had a rattle once in drivers side area ... it was the steering adjustment handle resonating with engine revs and hitting the lower dash trim ...

This my car ... where is noise coming from the floor/dash/gearbox tunnel?

DSCF5006.jpg

I know not related to your enquiring but why I had car like above is I had repeated water issues :crying: ... stripped interior 2-3 times finally nailed it the last time :arco:Link:- The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again

Wow, that looks like you had fun ! I had a similar problem with water ingress form the doors on my seat leon, and that resulted in a stripdown like yours !

It sounds like something loose in the air vent ducting..... and moves when you go around roundabouts.

Could you email me a hi res version of the picture as it may come in handy.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

I had a rattle once in drivers side area ... it was the steering adjustment handle resonating with engine revs and hitting the lower dash trim ...

This my car ... where is noise coming from the floor/dash/gearbox tunnel?

DSCF5006.jpg

I know not related to your enquiring but why I had car like above is I had repeated water issues :crying: ... stripped interior 2-3 times finally nailed it the last time :arco:Link:- The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again

But the... with the... and the... *faints*

Reactions: gupsterg