A6 C6 - Are electric seats a simple retro-fit?

Lion Heart

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm new to the A6 C6 platform, but have experience with the B7 (A4). Hoping these may be similar...

I'm looking at buying an A6 C6 but many with the options I want have manual seats, and I want electric.

If I buy a set of used electric A6 C6 seats, will they just plug straight in (assuming the manual seats have an electric lumbar support) and work (with a upgrade of the fuse under the dash) - the same as they doon the A4 B7 platform?

I've spent 10-15 minutes searching around on Google and unable to find a definitive response. Sorry if this topic has been asked before :)

---

And my second question, anyone know of a DIY guide for retro-fitting the memory seat option?

Hi
I would like to do the same with my A6 but from what I can gather, you need to beef up the wiring to be able to handle the extra amps that the electric seats operation will use, so not quite a straight forward swap. My seats have the electric lumber adjustment and are heated, just wish it had all electrci adjustment and memory as getting into it after the wife has driven is a pain! ;)

As above, you cant use the heated seats wiring for electric seats, its unsafe & fuse uprating is a very bad idea.

Needs new proper wiring fitted to the correct fuse points & coding if required of which I've done for clients.

Reactions: Pee Jam
Where a bouts are you VCDS mobile? I'm in Kent, anywhere near you?

I can come to kent. Pm if of interest.

Reactions: Pee Jam
Certainly interested :)

Are you able to do all the prep work so that when I find a pair of suitable front seats, which could take x amount of time, I can just plug them in?

Thanks
Peter

My existing seats are actually heated already, but manual adjustment witb electric lumbar. So the heated side of things should not be an issue.