A6 C6 Allroad tuning

n3m

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 59 Reg A6 Allroad 3.0TDi Auto, the car is faultless but I do recall these engines being touted as super strong with loads of potential when new. I am wondering if I should squeeze the old girl at 144k to safely release some extra power. I had a new Octavia VRS DSG prior to this on lease and that was a hoot to drive with amazingly fast gear changes and acceleration, I have since bought this A6 as the market has gone insane and the best value for money seems to be in these older cars at the moment.

I have done a lot of reading and where I need help is the engine and gearbox variants and their tolerances;

Engine code is "CDY"
Gearbox is code is unknown to me but the tech in Audi says that I have "the good gearbox, S-Tronic" - apparently this is a lot more reliable and has a higher torque tolerance?

Is the above combination a good foundation for some reliable power increases? Does anyone have any experiences with these cars?

Many Thanks - And a picture of the old girl :)

20220703 195846579 iOS

Thank you very much Bobby!

It was bought to take the sting away from selling an S2 Coupe. Like all broken relationships, initially, it was rough and it helped to get over 'her' by getting under something else :)

It needs some love and I bought it cheap with a dead automatic gearbox, so I did a manual conversion aside from the regular brakes, bushies, callipers, etc, I swapped in the Jetex and that's all for now. The underside is cleaner than the top as its been dry-stored all of its life and off the road for 18 years. Come summer I will have the paint put right and possibly lows - though I can't do "low" cars anymore, I haven't got the patience or awareness anymore - I will rip off sumps and that is not a good look for someone fast approaching 40 :D

And a Pic of the S2 that broke my heart :)
20200615 195244500 iOS

Many Thanks

Wow that colour on the Corrado is amazing - goodluck with it. My cousin picked up a G60 version not to long ago - helping him to get it started soon.
S2 looks very clean but parts are a nightmare to get hold off - I've got a avant S2 ABY you can read about it here -