1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A6 C6 3.0TFSI modding questions

rich764089 Nov 5, 2020

1. rich764089

rich764089 Registered User

Hi all,

Just bought an A6 C6 3.0 TFSI and will be modding very soon. I will definitely be getting MRC stage 2 having had this on my B8 S4, but would be really grateful for thoughts on the below (I've searched extensively, but couldn't find exact answers:

1. Suspension: I was just going to get a stiffer rear ARB, but at pushing 100k on probably original suspension, I might bite the bullet and get Eibach B12 Pro Kit. So, my questions are
    a) would I notice much additional benefit of a stiffer rear ARB on top of Eibach B12 Pro Kit?
    b) will the Eibach B12 Pro Kit help reduce understeer like the rear ARB?
    c) what's best bang for buck if I only do one, RARB @ £350ish or Eibach B12 Pro Kit @ £800 ish?

2. TCU remap: hesitation/lag with the Tiptronic is woeful! (My first auto and really not impressed). I think a TCU remap from MRC will massively reduce this, can anyone confirm?

3. Annoyingly, no Aux-in for my AMI (really?!) and no iPhone connector so I can't connect a Bluetooth adaptor (tune2air) - I think I'd need a whole new AMI module to get the connector, right? Have I missed the Aux in somehow?!

4. Random question: is it possible to "delete" the headlight washers through the ECU so they don't squirt with the washers?

Thanks in advance for advice!

c16rkc likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. c16rkc

c16rkc Registered User

I dont know much... so can't answer all your questions...

But an Audjo aux in is possible, but different depending on the model/year.

What year is your car?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. rich764089

Realising I should probably have put my q's in different forums!

It's a 2009, with CD player with SD card slots in the glove box. But no visible aux in...

c16rkc likes this.
  5. rich764089

Sorry, I've just found the aux in port in the roof of the glove box! I didn't realise it was there as I don't have a manual!

c16rkc likes this.
  6. CupraDine

CupraDine Registered User

If you're willing to upgrade the suspension, I would go with that. You will probably find a few bushes that are rather worn as well. My front upper arms went at ~110k, after replacing the front was much sharper.

A map will help the tiptronic a bit, but it is an old torque converter gearbox so it will never be great, and you won't get close to the shift times of a DSG. Has it been serviced (says sealed for life but it isnt), this is meant to help and a good idea if you're getting the car mapped in any way. Also when driving I often have to use sport just to get away fast enough on a busy roundabout, then back in drive.

Not sure if you can disable the washers, but why? Also if you have xenons they have to work for the mot.

c16rkc likes this.
  7. rich764089

Thanks for the helpful reply. Good to know on the suspension front, I think that's a definite.

The box was serviced about 80k miles. It shows a filter change, but weirdly doesn't itemise the oil. However, they dropped the pan, so must have replaced some oil in the box! I'm not looking for ridiculously quick gear changes, but the hesitation from standstill is pretty comical. Looks like I'll have to get used to that :)

The headlight washers are knackered and I don't really want to replace, so thought easier to disable than replace!

c16rkc likes this.
  8. c16rkc

c16rkc Registered User

Excellent to find you already have the aux!

Best of luck with the rest.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. abmat

abmat Active Member VCDS Map User

As has already been mentioned the washers have to work for the mot.

not too expensive or hard to do, I had to do one of mine. Just watch for the connected that you have to disconnect on the passenger side, below the headlamp. If you snap it it’s a pita to replace as the pipes had to be cut off on mine.

c16rkc likes this.
  10. rich764089

Thanks guys!

The headlight washers need to work with xenons for the MOT. Weird, why is that? Many cars with xenons but no headlight washers.

That's the problem, mine's already snapped and looks a pain to sort!

c16rkc likes this.
  11. abmat

If they’re fitter they have to work.

pretty sure cars fitted with xenons have to have them from the manufacturer. Unless they’ve been fitted aftermarket, which by eights they still have to have them. If they don’t then it should be a fail. Came in a few years ago.

c16rkc likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. abmat

14. rich764089

Thanks. Didn't know this. My other car has xenons but no washers! It's older though and probably lower brightness.

c16rkc likes this.