1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

A6 c6 3.0tdi quattro oil leak

PeteV6Lemans Feb 12, 2018

1. PeteV6Lemans

PeteV6Lemans Member

Hi guys and girls. Car is up on axle stands while the wheels are out for refurb. New front discs and pads aswell as hopefully the pics will explain that. But upon being under the car I have noticed oil on the subframe just at the back of the block where the gearbox mounts. Notes- it runs fine, no warning lights no oil loss issues as I've been checking regularly and no smoke. Now I have sometimes had a bit of oil misting at the side of the turbo again in pics but never any problems. Clean off and drive. (Not sure if the side in question is intake or exhaust) anyone had this and shed some light as to common or possible issue. Cheers people.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Tommv6

Tommv6 New Member

Hi

I also have an oil leak on mine (2008 3.0tdi Le Mans) my oil leak is a bit worse than yours and seems to be worst where the gearbox/bellhousing meets the camchain casing. Any info would be much appreciated. :)

Tom

4. bobby singh

bobby singh BSR VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro TDi

Sweating from the breather pipe (going to the turbo)

5. Tommv6

Tommv6 New Member

Cheers mate, had it sorted now. Was rear chain casing/rear main seal.

6. polariscon75

polariscon75 New Member

Hi, have same problem here, can you tell was the engine required removal to re seal?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. Tommv6

Tommv6 New Member

Box, torque converter and flywheel