A6 c6 3.0 TDI quattro tip 3-4 shift flare

Fatty jr

Reaction score
I've been a lurker on this site since I purchased my first Audi a few years ago.

I decided last year put buy what Im driving now , a 2005 A6 C6 3.0tdi v6 quattro tiptronic with flappy paddles.

I've drove the car for 6 months, had a mild remap including emission deletes and it's been a joy.

Couple of days ago, I downshifted to 3rd overtake a car , then upshift to 4th but it wouldn't shift, it just held 3rd upto 4k on revs.

Then it double shifted to 5th. Werid

But now it's happened, is doing it more. Not every time.

In full auto (D) it will shift up through 1 - 2 - 3 then it will shift to 4 but then back to 3 rev up to 3-4k then double shift to 5th

The more I think about this, the more the think it's electrical than mechanical/hydraulic.

I was out driving today and I was in manual mode, (was in D but stick pushed to side) as I shifted up using paddles, All of a sudden, the gear selection on the dash ( between the rev counter and Speedo) went from showing the normal smaller letters to like magnified capital letters just basic P R N D S . Didn't show what gear you was In.

Was really werid.

I scanned TCM and got p078300 for 3-4 shift.

I have just changed fluid with proper fluid

I have spoke two a few transmission parts suppliers and one is say there is possibility of two different sets of solenoids.
One is saying only one set.