A6 Black Edition Ultra

mattal83

Reaction score
Took Delivery a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: RS5 JON, Brennan, Smackmypitchup and 3 others
Hi matt, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely car. Enjoy the car and the forum. :) x

This thing reaches 78mpg apparently... real life figures?

Nice car mate indeed

Thank you. Really enjoying it. Still running in at the moment. Have a few long runs over the comming weeks , so we will see highest so far is 57mpg on 20 mile run town / A roads.

lovely colour - is that flat black or something else?

Personally I would de badge the back of the car though - appeals to the smooth lines of the A6

Its Phantom Black, pictures don't do it justice, as they were quick snaps on my phone. First long run this weekend with a full boot so will see what MPG I can get and report back.

I'm looking forward to reading ur running report. I'm thinking of buying the 3.0 TDi Quattro BE too.

Yours looks very nice. What's options did you go for?

One 425 mile round trip completed and managed 59mpg overall. After doing this run though I am now getting 62-64 on my run to work, which as previously mentioned was about 57mpg. So appears the engine is starting to find its groove. On another note, for a 2.0l engine it is nippy, its obviously not going to set any performance records but there is enough power and torque for every day situations.

amr79 are you looking at the 204ps or the 245? Its hard to comment as I haven't driven the 204ps 3.0tdi but I can't see much of a benefit for this version over the 190ps 2.0tdi. Car only had heated seats and folding mirrors as options already added.

Beautiful mate. I just got my brand new A6 Havana Black, Black Edition. I went for the full LED front lights, sat nav with BOSE sound system. I'll put some pics up soon. Look after your new baby. :rockwoot:

One 425 mile round trip completed and managed 59mpg overall. After doing this run though I am now getting 62-64 on my run to work, which as previously mentioned was about 57mpg. So appears the engine is starting to find its groove. On another note, for a 2.0l engine it is nippy, its obviously not going to set any performance records but there is enough power and torque for every day situations.

amr79 are you looking at the 204ps or the 245? Its hard to comment as I haven't driven the 204ps 3.0tdi but I can't see much of a benefit for this version over the 190ps 2.0tdi. Car only had heated seats and folding mirrors as options already added.

Sorry mattal83, I saw the twin exhausts and the badge under the TDi and mistakenly assumed it was a 3.0 Quattro. I am looking at the 245 Quattro version at the moment but now thinking if it's worth saving up a little bit longer and go for the Bi Turbo.

I will continue to read running reports on this forum before deciding.

Can you confirm what the TDI badge says, as it is usually "Quattro" but this is a 2.0l, so assuming it says something like "Ultra"?

Either Way that MPG is incredible. The most I ever got out the BiTDI was 50 mpg, but with trips in sport mode, that goes down to 38mpg

Its a 2.0 TDI Ultra. Badge under TDI says Ultra.I bet the performance of the BiTDI is worth the reduction in MPG?

two different cars or for different reasons; the A6 is a nice place to be regardless.

To get c50% better fuel economy on a car that is already reasonably good has it's merits. I just don't drive enough for the mpg to concern me, but when i do complete a 4 hour mixed drive for 48.5mpg, I'm super proud and tell my friends who I'm sure think it's bull. I dont think you're ever that proud with a fast car. So I can understand why the Ultra is winning awards.