A6 black edition 45 stalling

Essex-man

Reaction score
Do, had my new black edition TSFI 45 for a couple of weeks and it has stalled about 6 times now when coming to a stop. Sometimes dangerously at roundabout, normally when parking.

Car starts juddering/feeling like it’s running rough and then stalls with message ‘manual restart required’ or similar.

Feels potentially like clutch not quite right on the STronic.

Anyone else?

Waiting for response from dealer.

Not seen that crop up before, certainly worth getting it back to the dealer.

Reactions: Essex-man
I had very similar happen a couple of days in a row. Got home after driving it for 35 minutes, put it in R and it stalled with the manual restart message. Was going to let the dealer know but it hasn’t done it since and I’ve clocked up another 2k Miles. Not much help sorry but I’ll be interested what the dealer says. 45TFSI also.

Definitely take it back to the dealership, the clutches should automatically disengage when coming to a halt so something's wrong. The only time I see this message is after the start stop has kicked in and I've got out of my car with the keys...

I also have the 45 TFSI Black Edition, and this has never happened to me. I've now covered 3k miles, so definitely get it back to the dealership