A6 Avant options missing on configurator?

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Hello all,

The wife is looking to upgrade her A3 Saloon to something more family friendly. There look to be some great deals on offer on this car. Using both the desktop and mobile configurator app, there seem to be options missing that aren’t even offered as part of a pack e.g. adaptive/air suspension. I also can’t seem to find an up to date brochure. What am I missing?

TIA.

At this time of year, with model changes, it isn't unusual for the configurator to be incorrect...

Thanks for the replies. I figured it was a messed up configurator. Just making sure I wasn’t missing anything obvious. Though Audi may be mixing things up with trim levels, that doesn’t explain, for example, why the configurator doesn’t include an option for deselecting the sports suspension on an S-Line spec car.

The configurator is currently accurate I believe. There isn't a vorsprung edition though, only on the S6, so I'm wondering if there will actually be an A6 in Vorsprung spec.

The configurator is currently accurate I believe. There isn't a vorsprung edition though, only on the S6, so I'm wondering if there will actually be an A6 in Vorsprung spec.

You were entirely correct.

Ordered an A6 Avant today, S-Line 45 TFSI and was told that the only options available were on the configurator. This includes (surprisingly to me) the inability to spec standard suspension instead of the lowered, stiffened S-Line standard springs, let alone adaptive or air suspension.

Pretty painless experience at Bexley Audi if anybody is considering using them. No hard sell on insurance products like I’ve had every single other time I’ve ever bought a car; no messing about with the price generated via online broker.

You were entirely correct.

Ordered an A6 Avant today, S-Line 45 TFSI and was told that the only options available were on the configurator. This includes (surprisingly to me) the inability to spec standard suspension instead of the lowered, stiffened S-Line standard springs, let alone adaptive or air suspension.

Pretty painless experience at Bexley Audi if anybody is considering using them. No hard sell on insurance products like I’ve had every single other time I’ve ever bought a car; no messing about with the price generated via online broker.
Congratulations, any details on your spec, colour and delivery date?

Congratulations, any details on your spec, colour and delivery date?

- Mythos (tried to convince the missus to go grey as I’ll be on detailing duty and black is a bug**r to keep clean looking!)
- 20” alloys
- Tech pack
- Comfort and Sound pack
- Tour pack
Plus a couple of small bits and bobs.

We were a bit trigger happy on the options, though the tech pack is pretty close to a must have with the virtual cockpit and larger nav screen; the wife really wanted the 360 camera as she’s nervous about placing such a big car and we’re both audiophiles. The Tour pack is pricey but the autonomous driving functions giving a safety net made it worth it to us.

No delivery date yet. The sales associate was I think a bit optimistic, estimating a build date in November and delivery before Xmas. I’m not expecting it until 2020 but we’re in no rush.

I didn’t drive the car as my opinion re: the driving experience is irrelevant, though the wife loved it. But I will say as a serial BMW owner that the interior of this car is something else.

Sounds great, the tech pack is a must have. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the other 2 packs, plus the 45TFSi powerplant once you take delivery.

- Mythos (tried to convince the missus to go grey as I’ll be on detailing duty and black is a bug**r to keep clean looking!)
- 20” alloys
- Tech pack
- Comfort and Sound pack
- Tour pack
Plus a couple of small bits and bobs.

We were a bit trigger happy on the options, though the tech pack is pretty close to a must have with the virtual cockpit and larger nav screen; the wife really wanted the 360 camera as she’s nervous about placing such a big car and we’re both audiophiles. The Tour pack is pricey but the autonomous driving functions giving a safety net made it worth it to us.

No delivery date yet. The sales associate was I think a bit optimistic, estimating a build date in November and delivery before Xmas. I’m not expecting it until 2020 but we’re in no rush.

I didn’t drive the car as my opinion re: the driving experience is irrelevant, though the wife loved it. But I will say as a serial BMW owner that the interior of this car is something else.

Hi, congratulations on the order! Just to give you a bit or an idea about the delivery time:

I ordered a 45 TFSI Avant in almost the same spec as you on June 23rd, I got confirmation last weekend that the car was built during the last week of August and is in transit to the UK. Bear in mind that due to the model/options shake up they weren’t assigning any build weeks for a few weeks since ordering, and that the factory was shut for holidays most of August. I originally had a BW of 37 but it ended up getting built in week 35. Dealer estimates delivery last week of Sept/1st week of Oct.

Sounds great, the tech pack is a must have. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the other 2 packs, plus the 45TFSi powerplant once you take delivery.

Videos of the radar cruise and lane-keeping assist make it look impressive and the wife has a recurrent issue where motorway cruising makes her very sleepy, hence we ticked the box. I will be sure to post my thoughts on the car, and some obligatory pics.

Hi, congratulations on the order! Just to give you a bit or an idea about the delivery time:

I ordered a 45 TFSI Avant in almost the same spec as you on June 23rd, I got confirmation last weekend that the car was built during the last week of August and is in transit to the UK. Bear in mind that due to the model/options shake up they weren’t assigning any build weeks for a few weeks since ordering, and that the factory was shut for holidays most of August. I originally had a BW of 37 but it ended up getting built in week 35. Dealer estimates delivery last week of Sept/1st week of Oct.

Thanks for your insight, I probably should’ve given the sales associate credit for knowing what she was talking about.

My experience with BMW is that you can use the order number and an online portal to track the progress of the build from slot allocation through to delivery to the dealer. This may be a noob question but is there a similar facility with Audi?

My experience with BMW is that you can use the order number and an online portal to track the progress of the build from slot allocation through to delivery to the dealer. This may be a noob question but is there a similar facility with Audi?

There used to be until last year when Audi pulled the plug on the order tracker due to exceptional order delays due to the WLTP debacle, they never put it back online now that production is back on track so I have to continue to pester the dealer for updates.

Reactions: Zakalwe
Is it, I didn't think Audi pulled the plug on it altogether...

It seems to be that way I am afraid, any page I try and access for order tracking give error messages, as if the system has been pulled.

A possible explanation regarding the "missing" options on the A6 https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...show/audi-cuts-product-portfolio-nearly-third

Good information.

Though it doesn’t affect me as I’m happy with the options I’ve specced, I do think it’s a problem if you’re flogging a car off the back of reviews, all of which involve positive comments about cars equipped, with for example, adaptive steel spring or air suspension and dynamic all-wheel steering, then you don’t actually offer those options.