A6 Avant New Owner

Beaty19

Reaction score
Hello,
My first post and as title describes I recently became a proud owner of a 59 plate A6 Avant. 2.0 TDI E with CAGB engine.
125K miles and full service history.

IMG 20200508 055718

I became a member of the VAG forum but seen useful posts here so signed up to both.

I decided considering the decent price I got the car for and the duration I will be keeping it, that I would go ahead with the cambelt change. It was last done at 75K and is now on 125K.

Went through with full timing belt / cambelt kit and waterpump along with auxillery belt and I'm so glad I did.

Here is before photo, the mechanic said it was as if the tensioner was fitted but never tensioned and has probably been like this since last change.

IMG 20200508 044705

He described the belt as loose and couldn't get across how lucky I was it didn't come off completely.
Reassured there has been no damage from the loose belt just concerning it wasn't done right in the first place.

He gave the car a once over and confirms it is in great condition and well looked after aside from the belt that previous owner wouldn't have known about. Here's a photo after the work was completed.

IMG 20200508 044611

Got a full LED kit on the way and a few other small modifications. Just can't wait to start using it fully
smile.png

Does anyone have any general advice or tips for me going forward.

I have a rear reverse sensor to replace and I think window clips in both rear windows as they have to be manually assisted to fully close.

Other than that I want to complete a firmware update in MMI and get latest maps. Possibly look at an android link as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pee Jam, Novica and c16rkc
Nice car.

I've been thinking of an Android upgrade for mine too, but I think I'd like to fit a larger screen first. Will be interested to see what you go for.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk