A6 Avant 2.0 TFSi - thoughts?

goram

Reaction score
So, whilst searching for a 2014ish plate BiTDi or S6, I stumbled across a well loaded 2018 registered petrol 2.0 TFSi. I hadn’t appreciated these even existed. And, having searched the internet can’t find info about it.

does anyone know what they’re like to drive? Performance is very important to me, so particularly interested in experiences of this. It’s 250bhp with 270Ib torque - quite a drop compared to what I’m looking at, but hopefully enough to be interesting (even if a remap is required). The big draw to it is it’s 4 years younger that what I’ve been considering so far.

Sorry to jump the thread, but does anyone have any experience of these?

Can't speak for the C7 version of the 2.0TFSi, but I currently have a 40TFSi C8 (204bhp, FWD), having had 2 2.0TDi C7s (177bhp and 190bhp) and a 40TDi C8 (204bhp). From an engine perspective the major differences between the diesel and petrol are what you would expect, less low down pulling power on the petrol and worse fuel consumption. Comparing the C8s I am getting a long term average of about 33mpg in the petrol compared to 43mpg in the diesel. With the petrol on a long motorway run I will occasionally see a little over 50mpg, whilst I would see over 60mpg on the diesel.

Upside of the petrol over the diesel is cheaper fuel at the pump, no dpf to worry about, my journey profile has changed in the last couple of years so I am doing far fewer longer trips, no amble or regenerations. The other thing that played in my mind (18 months ago when I got it) was the potential for diesel cars to see higher depreciation and the possibility that even EURO6 vehicles would be banned or financially penalised from being used in city centres (Westminster charges a 50% premium on parking diesels in the borough).

All that said, if you do lots of miles and rarely venture into cities then the diesel probably still makes sense. Servicing on the 4 cyl car will of course be less than v6, based on Audi's fixed price servicing plan for cars over 3 years. Tyre wear is likely to be less to, as it is lighter and less powerful.