1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 allroad tiptronic gearbox replacement

Chigewara Mar 27, 2018

  1. Chigewara

    Chigewara New Member

    2
    0
    1
    HI there,

    Just recently purchsed an A6 c5 allroad 2.5tdi auto. Worked nicely for a few days and then I started noticing issues with the auto box. When I put the car in to reverse, it seems to jump a bit and then go in to gearbox limp mode. This happens around 80% of the time when I put the car in to reverse, the other 20% (mostly after a long drive) it works without issues. All the forward gears seemed to work fine and have been selecting without any issues. I have now noticed that the car is leaving oil patches on the payment, after checking it, it looks like its coming from somewhere near the top of the gearbox. I have also started noticing that the gears are starting to drag on a bit which I guess is due to lack of gearbox oil?

    I've had a look on ebay and have noticed that a second hand gearbox can be sourced for arround 300-400 pounds.

    How much of a pain would it be to change the auto gearbox with intermediate mechanical skills?(done engine changes on some older cars, all maintenance...etc) Would it just be a case of plugging/fitting in the new gearbox and it would work straight away or would it need programming etc..?
     

Share This Page