A6 Allroad - Anything to watch out for?

Tabsy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a 2012/2013 Allroad. I'm primarily going for the Allroad as I need a Tow Car that comfortably Tow more than 2000kg (2012 Allroad is rated at 2500kg and 100kg hitch) so I can two my track car and trailer. But I also need extra interior room, as my current B7 A4 is getting a little cramped these days!

Couple of things I've noticed such as lack of Xenons on earlier models and a few cars with base options - is this normal?

I see they have a 204PS version, which has lower Road Tax and Insurance. Is this a detuned version of the 245PS model or is there a minor difference in Turbo/Engine and gearbox? I'd be looking to remap ideally so the idea of going for the 204PS model and upping the power is an option.

I did look at the C6 Allraod when buying my current B7 but was put off by the Air Suspension problems at the time. I'm hopeful Audi has resolved those problems with the new model but it could be too early to tell! Being that the first run of models are now coming off lease....

Would be great to hear from any owners on their experience :thumbs up: