A6 Allroad / Advice

sbk1972

Reaction score
Hi all

Been a long time reader of this site, but today have joined due to the possible purchase of a 51' plate A6 All roader.

Car has done 113K miles, 51, plate, tiptronic, green, green leather. Just had new tyres, service, front wishbones, and mate is getting rid due to a new car, for £3500.

The car has got suspension issue, mainly front passenger side. Air bag obviously leaks as over night it sags, and has to be pumped up in the morning. So, it needs a new bag, and possible cambelt / tensioner.

Reading through the site, where do you guys get your parts from ? IVe got a pajero, so I get my parts from Milners as Mitsubish is dear. Whats the equivlant for Audi ?

The engine is a 2.5, so any advice what to look for ? Do these pumps fail ? need new pump seals ? Can you remove the air bags and put normal shocks in ? Are there any tests I can do on the air suspension system ?

Looks a lovely car and I need a good reliable load carrier for the kids and mrs :)

Tremendous site by the way.

SBK

http://www.arnottindustries.com/

Ive just orderd two air bags from above, not cheap but better than audis price, two air springs seals etc, $799 deliverd, plus possible £100 import duties. you can also do a coil spring conversion. get someone to vag-com car first if you are not sure about other faults

Thanks. A friend has got the VAG com software and will be connecting up this weekend. Where abouts is the port for the connector ?

Have you got an allroad ? Someone suggested the leak could be from the pipes / compressor and not the air bag. Not sure what the vag com software will show though

SBK

i had an 2000 Allroad 2.5tdi, i sold it on three years ago. I had two airbags replaced while i had it. Symptoms as you've described, i had audi replace mine and the way they figured out what the problem was with soapy water looking for bubbles...

Mine had done 100k when i sold it on, only problems were the airbags and a fault with the drivers airbag.