A6 2008 2.7TDI V6 LE MANS

@niedzial1983 @KrisKrk ,
So...the LED number plate bulbs and side lights I have ordered are going to throw this fault up, even though I bought ones that 'apparently' have the 'CANBUS' (?!) thing on them that is supposed to stop that?!
What a pain in the tezzy.
This is upsetting.
And you have the same issue with whole aftermarket units as well @KrisKrk ?

Apologies @Stricky2309 for clogging up your thread on this....

Cheers all.

Keith.

@niedzial1983 @KrisKrk ,
So...the LED number plate bulbs and side lights I have ordered are going to throw this fault up, even though I bought ones that 'apparently' have the 'CANBUS' (?!) thing on them that is supposed to stop that?!
What a pain in the tezzy.
This is upsetting.
And you have the same issue with whole aftermarket units as well @KrisKrk ?

Apologies @Stricky2309 for clogging up your thread on this....

Cheers all.

Keith.
Number plate should be fine. Rest will

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Number plates did not threw any error on my dash. Nor the rear indicators or reverse leds. All flash with ecu bulb check, anyway. I have 2010 reg so it may be a different ball game.
Front indicators and fogs I have changed, got me an error but resistors sorted it out. Ecu bulb check flash still occurs.

Canbus wouldn't help there much to stop it, I think.

Also, I have rear led lamps factory fitted, as for FL model.

To answer your question: Yes, your newly ordered leds will flash and threw an dis error. Think about resistors installation.

Been informed by lighting site sponsor, that indicator led bulbs he was going to source, "will have to have special driver/controller wired in, to allow pulsing/flashing and error free operation". These exact words he used.
Apparently, our C6 4F cars are more complex with it.

That makes them cars special, right?

Took'em quickly

IMG 9536

IMG 9528 Large

Still bright in the day light. I can even rhyme. LOL

Will try to take a video of them later @Stricky2309

Number plate should be fine. Rest will

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Number plate lights on mine still hyperflash and are genuine Audi units, fortunately they are not as bright as the aftermarket versions, so not as noticeable.

Urrrgghhhh this is blowing my mind in a crappy way!
I'll fit them all and see what happens! :tearsofjoy:
Cheers all for info.....

Yes, very special cars indeed.....:sunglasses:

They look good, do you have a video of the leds performing hyper flash? @KrisKrk

Lights off

Lights set to AUTO (number plate and driving lights will be on. Bulb check will omit lit lights)

Still awaiting for the resistors to arrive.
Once received, I’ll attach them and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With lights on Auto, the lights will be off unless the light level is low enough for the sensor to switch them on. They will still flash every 30 seconds when the car does its check.

With lights set to auto, number plate leds don’t flash.
That’s what I was on about

That’s odd, because on mine they still flash in Auto when they are off.
Nothing odd here.
They will not flash because they lit.
Same principal will be for indicators and reverse lights, in the rear. If it’s lit/operating/in use/working, it will not strobe with ecu bulb checks.

Sorry Kris, but just because the switch is in the Auto position does not mean that the number plate lights are on all the time.
They only come on when the light level is low enough to require the lights (headlights, tail lights and number plate lights) to be switched on. When the ambient light conditions are bright enough, the lights stay off and the number plate lights will flash.

You know what, Simon? You are right.
School every day.
Just ran to the car and certain is as I was always thinking it is, turned out I was wrong for the past 2 years.
Excuse my stubbornness.
With underground parking lot, lights come up at any time of the day. I leave switch on auto all the time and see reflection of led DRL strips in ahead cars bumpers, thought rear leds and number plate ones will be lit same time.

No problem Kris.
Front DRL strips will be lit without any tail lights so long as ambient light level is bright enough.

Got the indicator bulbs today so they will go on soon.
Will try to do comparison video of them vs my current ones and vs halogen bulbs.

Wanted to see how good these bulbs were vs ordinary halogen ones.
Put one of the mirrored looking like one I had originally installed and it wasn’t that far from the new led but still, not as bright.

New led on the left vs halogen on the right

b04905eb9d6d142e4f3dc84d5c8a93de.jpg

Here’s a new led on the left vs old led on the right

526f707c4e4d5d933641c138e21ecc6d.jpg

b3d2e96cd6f5cbbbfe12e34335cf2161.jpg

And both front ones as new led

5cffd5f15bb5019734b60dbd9794c701.jpg

On all pictures you can see how these bulbs brighten up the wall at the back.

Will see how the look like reflecting in ahead cars bumpers during the day.
If have a chance, will take also some daylight pictures.

Still awaiting new led reverse bulbs

Reactions: Stricky2309
Looks good @KrisKrk think I’m gonna order new halogen chromed indicator lamps, they seem almost as bright but save putting in resistors and hyper flash
Cheers

Reactions: KrisKrk