A6 2001 avant 4.2 V8, Exhaust question

CO11K9

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the flexi part of the downpipe, can be replaced? Rather than the whole downpipe. Mines been ripped on a low drive!!!!! Cheers Kevin

The flexi is part of the downpipe/precat, it will need cutting and welding to the existing exhaust downpipe. It would be a good time to update the exhaust to some tasty 2.5 or 3" stainless steel downpipes... Where about's are you ? I can build a nice stainless steel exhaust for you, drop me a line if interested...

The flexi is part of the downpipe/precat, it will need cutting and welding to the existing exhaust downpipe. It would be a good time to update the exhaust to some tasty 2.5 or 3" stainless steel downpipes... Where about's are you ? I can build a nice stainless steel exhaust for you, drop me a line if interested...
Hello Adam, can the down pipe be disconnected from the cat to replace it?, And yes very interested in another pipe as have power flow pipes from the cats onwards, I live near Gatwick Airport, yourself? Kevin

Hi Kevin, the precats with the downpipes and main cats will come apart in the middle, there are 4 lambda sensors to be disconected and should come off. I have built 3" stainless steel downpipes for my s4 v8, you don't really need to go that big but getting the precats deleted will net a hefty increase in Bhp and torque more so with a remap.
I am based in N. london...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    852.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    941.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    804.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    751.7 KB · Views: 134
Last downpipe i made for a v6 tdi, you will need 2 made which will meet in the middle of the car...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg