A6 2.0 Tdi Re-mapping And Mpgs

crispinbrocks

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 2007 A6 2.09 TDI with 107k miles on it. I've upgraded from an A3 2.0 TDI Sportback and I am little concerned with the MPG's (first 150 miles has given 26mpg which is 70% town and 30% motorway) and the lack of power of the thing. Don't get me wrong, I know its going to be slower and thirstier but not as bad as it is.

I've had a great conversation with jimc64 who's recommended getting it a real nice service (filters, oil and terraclean) and also suggested a re-map. Re-mapping is something I had done before in a TT 225 but that was many a year ago when MPG's wasn't a consideration which was handy as it dropped by 20%! (but I did manage 9:20 around the Nurburgring in it - before I blew the clutch).

I'll get the service and TerraClean sorted for later in the week, but who has experience of re-mapping an A6 2.0 TDI with a bag of miles, ideally within 50 miles or so of Portsmouth? I've had a colleague suggest Celtic Tuning but I'd love to hear from more people on it. I am looking for that golden unicorn of better performance and great MPG's.

Thanks
Crispin

Hey Crispin...I bought a 2009 A6 2.0TDIe (136bhp) model last year.. I had it Terracleaned and reflashed the ECU using Bluefin Technology. Made a hell of a difference on my high mileage A6. Care is far more drivable and on the motorway it tells me I am getting 42mpg.

Pete.

Reactions: crispinbrocks
Hi Pete, thanks for the info.

For everyone else -

I've had a minor service on mine, a CelticTunning stage 1 re-map and a standard TerraClean. It a lot more responsive/faster and I have just rolled to Essex and back from Portsmouth and have returned 42mpg's.

A massive improvement. The only problem I have it a flat spot from 2000 to 2200 RPM which is really only noticable in 1st when nailing the throttle (it does happen in other gears) so am having the EGR mapping and blanked next week to see if this fixes it.

Cheers
Crispin