[A6 2.0 tdi] engine judder

jaskol1

Reaction score
hi everyone
got a problem with my car. At aprox. 1200-2000 rpm when slightly accelarating engine starts juddering, when i let off it goes away as well as when i put my foot down. i started to smell some exhaust fumes in the cab at higher revs. sometimes when pulling out the engine has trouble accelarating then after 1 sec goes but leaves smoke behind. dont know what to do cleaned MAF so far coz vag showed fault with it. after cleaning MAF no more fault and no other faults. No power loss. just mainly the judder oh and when changing gear (manual) and dipping the clutch at about 2000 rpm i hear some noise kind of a wining sound.
ther is no judder when pulling out so dont think its the clutch. pls help

More than likely a split intercooler, get someone to rev the engine whilst you check for air coming out of the ns bumper grille. Before they completely go they will let out just enough air from the inlet system to make it run like crap but not put the light on. Could be wrong though.

sorry forgot to say checked it as much as u can cuz one sie is against the bumper. looks ok as much as i checked. heard about N75 or blow off valve any ideas. i dont really want to go to audi. went there once, 48 pounds later they said it needs futher investigation 98pound/hour. thank u very much. ive got a vag so know pretty much as much as they do.

Last edited:
Are you saying you know more than me because you own an audi? I cant make out the grammer. What is against the bumper?

sorry bad keyboard. one side of the intercooler when u look at it from under the car u can see the other side is facing the bumper so i cant really check that side apart from taking off the grill where the fog light is but that only shows a bit of the intercooler