A5 with OEM WLAN

John_A5

Reaction score
Hi,
Just seen an advert for a A5 special edition plus on a 15 plate and it appears to have a WLAN as per screenshot.

Is this I assume an added option from factory? Not seen any Special edition plus with this feature before and would be interested in a retrofit

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Mine has that option. I think it came as part of 9Zw phone prep - high with connect.

Ah great thanks for that.
I'm having trouble getting my head round the different MMI versions....I know that mine has the HN+ so it is 3G plus, whats the difference between the 3G Plus and the 3G models?.

Also, what does phone prep give you? Is it a sim card slot?

Actually yes I did more looking around and mine has that option too.

What can I do with it please?

What is a upnp device?

With a SIM card the SatNav supports Google maps. It also has Audi Connect which I have found of no use apart from the online destination feature. So I can find a point on Google maps on my PC and use the "send to car" option. Then in the SatNav destinations I go to the online options and it will find it. Lastly there's the in-car wifi hotspot which is the WLAN as per your screenshot.

With a SIM card the SatNav supports Google maps. It also has Audi Connect which I have found of no use apart from the online destination feature. So I can find a point on Google maps on my PC and use the "send to car" option. Then in the SatNav destinations I go to the online options and it will find it. Lastly there's the in-car wifi hotspot which is the WLAN as per your screenshot.

Great thank you!
Mine is the 3g plus I believe so I do not have a SIM card slot, how can I get it setup so that I can send a destination from a PC or smartphone to the car?
Also, how do I setup the wifi hotspot?

Sorry for the questions.....complete newbie here and not too many people seem to reply

You can only stream music with wlan.
The quality is better and you can browse folders on your phone No good for Spotify. You need Bubble upnp app to use it