a5 wheels

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
Anyone fitted a5 s-line wheels ?
They seem to look wider which i like, just dont wanna buy em if they wont fit.

They are not wider, but the offset (ET) is greater on an A5 (lower number).
Offset is the distance from the hub mating face to the inside edge of the wheel.
Standard A5 offset is 29, where as the A4 is 47. That means the same size A5 wheel on an A4 will sit 18mm further out.
A5 has wider arches.

I'm sure a wheel wizard will be along soon to correct me if I have got that wrong :)

Reactions: ruairi83
That's correct.
I think they fit OK, not sure if the fronts will catch the arches on full lock when fully laden.....

If your buying a set of A5 wheels check the width and offset on one of the wheel calculator sites before you buy them, A5 wheels do differ in size, mines are 9j with a 33 offset and my winters are 8.5j 33 offset, both genuine Audi wheels.
JG

33et would work on them widths with good stretch and maybe a rolling, 29 will certainly rub with no rolling or stretched tyres, I test fit et 27 on 8.5 looked epic, but I would of lost an arch on a dipped corner haha.
I run 10j et35 at the back and it sits arch to lip.
Really want some A5 Sline rotors too! hard to find genuine not at silly prices

My father in law has the a5 wheels on the back and the a4 wheels on the front, setup fits very nice

So rears are et29 8.5x18 and fronts et47 8x18

245/40/18 all round

Reactions: Meemo
My father in law has the a5 wheels on the back and the a4 wheels on the front, setup fits very nice

So rears are et29 8.5x18 and fronts et47 8x18

245/40/18 all round

Have you got any pics of this ? I want to run this setup on my avant.