A5 TDi S-Line with Quad Exhausts

Rob Walker

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My first post here so apologies if this is a repeat / old news / or in the wrong section, if any of those apply then maybe someone can direct me accordingly please.
Anyway I recently purchased an A5 2.0 TDi S-Line Convertible (Reg YN63 CCZ) and I absolutely love it...
Purely for aesthetics (although any performance gains would be greatly appreciated) I would like to give it Quad Cat-Back Stainless Steel Exhausts (I have seen Pic examples and clearly it's possible).
I'm struggling on Google so my burning question(s) are what Valance do I need to accommodate the Quads, could I simply drop an S5 Valance on it? Does anyone know guaranteed suppliers / fabricators who are in the business of designing such a Valance?
I have made this my mission to make it happen now so all help would be greatly appreciated, even down to 'Gucci' Diffusers / Grills that would make the look even better.

Thank you in advance anyone who can offer help

Rob W

S-line A5 and S5 share the same bumper, so a straight swap.

Arguably having quad exhausts on a V6 is complete overkill, so it'll be some challenge to justify it on a 2.0 4cyl diesel, but to each their own....!

S-line A5 and S5 share the same bumper, so a straight swap.

Arguably having quad exhausts on a V6 is complete overkill, so it'll be some challenge to justify it on a 2.0 4cyl diesel, but to each their own....!

Oh trust me I get your point, but hey...

Thanks very much for answering DrEskimo, so am I right in thinking I just need the S5 Valance portion to make this a goer please?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Oh trust me I get your point, but hey...

Thanks very much for answering DrEskimo, so am I right in thinking I just need the S5 Valance portion to make this a goer please?

Thanks in advance

Rob

You do indeed. Should be some on eBay. I would recommend spraying it in gloss black, as the plastic grey is pretty horrible....Given my S5 is the black edition, it felt like an obvious thing to do, and think it looks much better :)

Happy modding!

Hi again DrEskimo, and anyone else who sees this and thinks they can help,

Hope you have time to answer this last (ish) question...

Does age / S-Line come into the equation? By that I mean as mine is 2013 (YN63 CCZ) do I need to get hold of a 2013 S5 Diffuser or were they made in year ranges, like from 2011 to present day etc.?

Thanks again in advance,

Rob

Hi again DrEskimo, and anyone else who sees this and thinks they can help,

Hope you have time to answer this last (ish) question...

Does age / S-Line come into the equation? By that I mean as mine is 2013 (YN63 CCZ) do I need to get hold of a 2013 S5 Diffuser or were they made in year ranges, like from 2011 to present day etc.?

Thanks again in advance,

Rob

Yea only the S line A5 bumper is the same as the S5. SE or sport trims are different.

Yes age is important. 2008-2011 is B8 (pre-facelift) and 2012-2016 is B8.5 (facelift). You need to match B8 with B8 and B8.5 to B8.5.

In your case, you have an s line so can fit an S5 bumper, and if yours is 2013, then need it from a B8.5 S5 (2012-2016).

You have been an absolute gem of info DrEskimo and this could well be my last question before I start the trawl for a suitable item(s)...

Do I need the full B8.5 S5 Bumper? Or just the bottom part where the Tail Pipes peep through, and is that called the 'Diffuser' or 'Valance' please?

Think we're soooo close now :)

Rob

No problem mate. Happy to help.

You can do just the diffuser or the whole bumper. Not done it so can't comment one which is easier. Sure a google search should give you some info. Imagine the procedure is similar on either a B8 or B8.5 A4/A5.

This might help.

The rear valence (or diffusor) is made up of three parts (7, 18 & 19) Im not an S5 guy, but you get the idea.

Yes, there is a nightmare number of part variations, so getting the right parts is crucial.... :racer:

Note..............

Sportback diffuser won't fit the coupe, think the cabriolet one fits though.

JG

Hi there, i imported a jms rear diffuser from germany and then had it carbon dipped. Then had mij performance in walsall westmids make me up a quad stainless exhaust to suit. mine is a 3.0 tdi but i would,nt have thought it would be much harder to make one up for yours.

Hi there, i imported a jms rear diffuser from germany and then had it carbon dipped. Then had mij performance in walsall westmids make me up a quad stainless exhaust to suit. mine is a 3.0 tdi but i would,nt have thought it would be much harder to make one up for yours.

Do you have a link to the JMS one @roger g

JG

Do you have a link to the JMS one @roger g

JG
Not 100% sure how to put a link up sorry, but if you search on you tube there are a few clips of the jms diffuser on there, as well as the complete bodykit.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Have you planned what tips yet... :whistle2:

DA65A120-4E66-4342-8B8D-71AA1110EF09.jpg