A5 Soundaktor

orcomma

Reaction score
Having a gander under the bonnet I found the Soundaktor, behind the passenger side flip up panel on the scuttle board beneath the windscreen.

Has anyone tried disabling it? Mine's only the 190 TFSI - I think the "V8" sound is a bit silly. Very tempted to unplug and see what happens

Tell me more! Awaiting my 2.0 TFSI in July. Is there a box that makes the 190 growl beefer than is normal?

Yes indeed, you can configure the sound level in the drive select "individual" mode

To be honest it's not that obvious, just a bit more growly with engine sound in dynamic mode... I just wonder if it's overkill

Reactions: HMG1K
Really??, I thought they were just confined to the VW Golf R....what could be worse than a fake exhaust sound.....its like having 'go faster stripes'. Unplug it and save the embarrassment.

Can easily be disabled with OBDeleven .

In fact you can change the volume between 0-100%

Yes indeed, you can configure the sound level in the drive select "individual" mode

To be honest it's not that obvious, just a bit more growly with engine sound in dynamic mode... I just wonder if it's overkill

I have checked in the drive select menu and i cant see an option to change sound setting on engine?

Can you explain how this is done?

Drive select "individual" > Right soft key to edit the options

So when I go into that and press the soft key I have two options one is “engine/gearbox” the itger is “steering” I can change them both to dynamic but apart from that I have no option for sound levels etc? I’m in a 190 s tronic TFSI.

So when I go into that and press the soft key I have two options one is “engine/gearbox” the itger is “steering” I can change them both to dynamic but apart from that I have no option for sound levels etc? I’m in a 190 s tronic TFSI.

Is yours S-Line? Maybe the soundaktor is convertible only.

Photo of mine (190 S Tronic TFSI S Line 2017 March build convertible)

20180526 212502

Not heard of this being fitted for the 2.0l petrol 190ps engine. Certainly the A4's don't have this, could you take a picture of the soundaktor please orcomma?

Pic would be great, mine is 2.0 S line diesel no soundactor

Apologies for the delay - I've taken one of my engine code for reference, one of the soundaktor up close, and a few of the bay to show where it is located

20180530 164801
20180530 164807
20180530 164811
20180530 164814
20180530 164754

Reactions: cuke2u
The list of fuses in the owners manual includes one for a sound actuator / exhaust noise system. Might be a quick way to check if there is one on the car even if you can’t see it or adjust it

Had a quick look and my car has no wiring just two metal lugs where it should be.

Wonder if mine is a mis-build? or maybe it's a convertible only thing?

Any 190TFSI convertible owners care to check theirs?

I have a 190 TFSi Convertible, but Manual and I checked and mine does not have one. I can just see the two mounting points where orcomma's is.

It doesn't sound like it has one either, only exhaust sound which I can barely hear with the roof up.

Mine is MY18.

I have it on a SB 252 TFSI but it doesn’t sound so much just a little growl.

Just noticed OBDeleven has new app to turn it from off to 100% volume.

Ok, I get my Autel MD808PRO in couple of days so maybe I can turn it up then?

Hello,

I've got a A5 2.0TFSI 190 Coupe Manual (July 2017 Build). I've had a look under the bonnet and I've got the Soundaktor in my car and I've also got the option for sound in MMI. I've tried it and can't tell the difference when its on dynamic mode.

Same here with my 2018 A5 convertible. It’s there under the windscreen, OBD11 shows it’s set to 100% but when I run an output test, it doesn’t work and gives an error message.. I’d love to hear what it’s like as the car is so quiet