A5 S-Line Quad Exhaust Options

MartyFire

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, I have recently purchased a 2017 audi A5 S-line coupe and so far i'm loving it.

I tend to modify my cars slightly and looking for some options to fit the S5 rear diffuser on my car. In short I really like the look the S5 diffuser gives with the extra chrome edge. I also want to fit the Black Edition lip spoiler, but to keep the chrome to black ratio in balance I need some chrome on the rear of the car. Plus in addition, 4 exhaust just looks better. I will add at no point will I be removing my A5 badges, before people start saying fake S5 etc... blah... :blahblah1:.

The technical part come to fitting 4 exhaust pipe. There are many routes I could go, full custom exhaust, but to be honest I've done the whole noisy performance exhaust on my old car. I've really enjoying to quietness of the A5, and the 'Pumped in' sound is enough for me.

I have thought about getting the S5 rear boxes and doing the electronics to get the valves working etc.. but I don't really know if it's still going to be loud with one working pipe, as the silencers/resonators are smaller in size than the standard rear boxes.

The other thought I have had is to cut the blanks and weld an extra set of pipes on the standard silencers as they look identical to the TDI exhausts that have 2 outlets. Same metal stamp. But I don't know how the internals are setup.

Another thought is the rear silencers look very similar to the B8.5 rear boxes in shape. I know these have 4 outlets without valves. Would these fit?

Sorry for so many questions. Below is my old car and my new A5.

Thanks, Martin.

Old (I miss it slightly)
10410163_10152509986266279_777294607369998265_n.jpg

And New
85165998_10157111081026279_3425965807086075904_o.jpg

Reactions: Jonnie
Congrats on the new car, don’t think I’ve seen a Red A5 before but it looks really good.

Not sure how easy it would be to make functional quad pipes on the A5 but the new S5 comes with 2 fake pipes stuck on the diffuser. So if you were to fit a facelift S5 diffuser the look wouldn’t be too hard to achieve.
AECCDCF8 18D3 4906 AB15 429CDE184D38

When I first saw the pictures I wasn't so sure about the red, but in person it's so much nicer. The red doesn't show properly in pictures. It's a lot deeper in person. The colour is metallic Tango red, which is now on the RS5. It's also less orange than other audi reds I have seen. Someone at work has an A3 in red and it looks orange in comparison.

The facelift diffuser will not fit, as the bumper is a new shape. The reflectors are now in the diffuser, not the bumper. I would have to get hold of a facelift rear bumper.

Wow those blanked pipes look awful. They could have least made them a bit deeper to hide the fact they are non-functional.

I forgot to mention my A5 is a 2.0 tfsi, so it has a functional exhaust per side.

Thanks for helping Jonnie

Congrats on the new car, don’t think I’ve seen a Red A5 before but it looks really good.
lol I was going to say exactly the same!!!

Welcome to the forums Marty :)

Reactions: MartyFire