A5 - RS5 Face?

AudiTom

Reaction score
Hello fellow Audi users, I have just purchased an A5 2009,
She has a 3.0 tdi and i have already mapped it.
I was just thinking how good the rs5 face looks lights grill etc.
How would i go about putting a rs5 face on my A5,
.Will it just fit ? also do i need to buy the side panels and bonnet as well as the bumper?

Thanks in advance :blackrs4:

A full fit of OEM RS5 front would need a lot of work. Slide panels and wheel arches need adjusting.

Can buy the RS5 front bumper conversion from Xenons though which is just a straight swap.

Alternatively a lot of people just swap out the grill for a honeycomb RS style one. Again Xenonz supply a decent non OEM one.

Please don't put the RS5 badges on it though.....!!

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Audi Bairn, desertstorm and 2 others
have a look at my avatar - i replaced the grill with a RS5 lookalike made for A5s

Full RS5 front end is a huge job and imo not worth it.

Xenonz full bumper and grill comes in @ £600 (then paint costs @ £200?) or grill for @ £200.

My thread was not that long ago to see what the grill only looks like.

Would love to see someone do the bumper as well:hubbahubba:

Welcome to the 3.0 TDI club. :welcome!:

Full RS5 front end is a huge job and imo not worth it.

Xenonz full bumper and grill comes in @ £600 (then paint costs @ £200?) or grill for @ £200.

My thread was not that long ago to see what the grill only looks like.

Would love to see someone do the bumper as well:hubbahubba:

Welcome to the 3.0 TDI club. :welcome!:

Cheers the 3.0 tdi club is the place to be :iagree::iagree::iagree:

Reactions: Swanny356
Cheers the 3.0 tdi club is the place to be :iagree::iagree::iagree:

Beg to differ....think the 3.0TFSI club is the place to be....

Only joking. It's a hell of a motor, congrats :)

Reactions: CHEZ, Audi Bairn and Swanny356
How about just the 3.0 V6 club Dr E?

Keep us both happy:friends:

Reactions: DrEskimo and Audi Bairn
Ha go on then....

Can you link me the xenons conversion? also will this fit the new style headlights and shape? because the headlights are the main thing i need in my life haha i have a mate who can code them for me.

Can you link me the xenons conversion? also will this fit the new style headlights and shape? because the headlights are the main thing i need in my life haha i have a mate who can code them for me.

http://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p179/2007-2011_AUDI_A5_TO_RS5_FRONT_BUMPER_CONVERSION.html

No it won't fit the newer style headlights. If you want to install them, you have to go for the facelift version:

http://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p180/2012__A5_TO_RS5_FRONT_BUMPER_CONVERSION.html

I think for this to fit, you will only need to buy a facelift bonnet...but I am not 100% on that so worth digging through some threads on A5OC to find people that have done it and what was needed.

Do you already have xenon headlights and LEDs on your A5? If not you will need a lot more than just coding....

yeah, it has xenon headlights and LEDs, so would I need just a standard facelift bonnet? ill do some digging, so I'm guessing that I have to buy the 2012 conversion and the bonnet from the newer model car ?

Theoretically...yes, but I am no expert! Just information I have absorbed from reading various threads on A5OC.

Possibly need an adaptor, as the new facelift headlights might use a different socket, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Certainly much easier than if you are going from standard pre-FL lights to FL xenons!

the xenons i can handle, just need to figure out the bonnet and that, sofar,

The 2012 conversion will just fit straight onto my a5?
then i will need to find out if the bonnet needs to be swapped for a facelift model
but what about the front wings?

well i will do this after xmas i will update you guys :D

Reactions: DrEskimo